Chapter One: Instability

'Batair was sat in the head master's office. Ozpin was sitting silently across from him, tapping his left index finger against his desk'

Batair: "What do you want we've been here for nearly an hour! I'm sick of your silent judging!" 'Batair says in a mixture of exasperation and annoyance, having stood up as he did so, shaking the ground under him lightly'

Ozpin: "I was just waiting to see how long it would take for you to break quite honestly" 'Ozpin states with an amused smirk crossing his face, earning a low growl from Batair'

Batair: "Then. What do you want" 'Batair asked coldly, his eyes beginning to turn to vibrant gold color more so than normal'

Ozpin: "I want to know why you killed those men and women at the docks. Why it was so easy for you" 'Ozpin states bluntly, his smirk vanishing as he leaned forwards'

Batair: "I think you already know why Ozpin...." 'Batair states with venom practically dripping from his voice'

Ozpin: "I do. But I want YOU to say it" 'Ozpin says with a stern glare, causing Batair's scowl to turn to a look of fury'

Batair: "FINE! I killed them because they DESERVED to die. Criminal SCUM like those who follow Adam Taurus Deserve to be treated LIKE THE INCECTS THEY ARE!" 'Batair states loudly as he slammed a fist down onto Ozpin's desk, cracking it as he did so'

'Ozpin didn't seem fazed in the slightest, he had stood up aswell, trying to show the lack of intimidation he was under, despite the fact Batair legs had extended, making him nearly seven feet tall'

Ozpin: "I find it interesting that you singled out Adam. Do you have no quarrel with the faunus?" 'Ozpin asked curiously, knowing fully well how far he was pushing Batair'

Batair: "No more than I do you old man" 'Batair stated cryptically, his eyes having begun to produce arcs of golden energy as he glared at the headmaster'

'Before either of them could act the elevator opened, letting Glynda walk through. Sighing heavily as she felt the hostility in the air'

Glynda: "That is enough mister schnee, please sit back down" 'Glynda states as she tried to calm the situation down'

'With a low growl Batair did as he was told, sitting back down the the chair behind him, letting the headmaster do the same as his assistant stopped next to him'

Glynda: "You were called up here to see if we can help you. Not to put you on trial" 'Glynda states, glaring at Ozpin momentarily'

Batair: "What....do you mean by "Help me" 'Batair asked with a heavy sigh, trying to calm himself down as he did so'

Ozpin: "It has become rather clear that you hold a great level of disdain for....those who were involved in your accident" 'Ozpin stated, trying to maneuver the conversation a little more carefully than before'

Glynda: "We aren't trying to say your anger isn't justified because it is. However the lengths you went to to frighten those white fang soldiers was rather worrying" 'Glynda adds on to Ozpin's previous statement, her voice softening ever so slightly'

 Ozpin: " Did you enjoy it? That is an important defining feature of a huntsman. One should never enjoy taking the life of another being" 'Ozpin states calmly, earning nothing but silence from Batair'

'Batair had closed his eyes before opening them again, a cold expression having taken hold of his face. After a moment more of silence Batair placed his helmet back over his head, standing up as he did so'

'Without saying so much as a word Batair opened the elevator and stepped inside. Pressing the button for the ground floor'

'As the elevator continued to descend Batair's breathing begun to become unsteady, his hands had started to shake as they sparked with golden arcs of energy, singing the walls beside him lightly as the arcs made contact'

'Upon reaching the ground floor Batair begun to walk down the halls, only coming to a stop as he passed a window, taking a glance at the view of the emerald forest in the distance'

*To Be Continued*