Chapter Three

NOTE
• FILLER CHAPTER

—-—-—

Chapter THREE: CEO Amber

—-—-—

| January 25, 2019, 7:20 AM;
Girlfriend Hotline! Building |

•••

√moonseun's pov

After I bandaged CEO~nim's knuckles, neat and clean, I then started cleaning the mess in her office before one picture frame then caught my eyes which had CEO Amber and the lady earlier with smiles on their faces.

As my hands cautiously picked the destroyed frame on the floor, I then heard CEO~nim let out a deep sigh that made my head turned to her direction, seeing her shoulders slumped in such sadness I never knew she had, her eyes slowly filling with tears that made quite alarmed since this time will be the time I'll witness her sadness for the first time in my life.

"I know it's stupid of me to ask, but are you okay, CEO~nim?"

She then spared me a glance as I took a gulp in fear, fear of the glance she sent me before I continued, averting my gaze somewhere afterwards, "Uh, nevermind that. I...."

She then averted her gaze on the wooden door as I heard another sigh escaped, making me guilty of i had said before I placed my attention back to cleaning the office as she softly spoke up, "The truth? I felt like shit.... I never knew that I'll face my past again, specifically, today......"

I then spared CEO~nim a look as I saw tears freely flowing from her closed eyes, making me quite triggered since her actions caught me off guard.

"Uh....", I trailed off as panic slowly rose from my chest, wondering what should I do to just calm her down before I heard a sigh as I whipped my head towards CEO~nim, seeing her all calm.

"Mianhae!", I exclaimed as I bowed, exactly ninety degrees.

"What are you apologizing for?"

I then lifted my head up to see confusion plastered on her face as she straightened her position on her seat.

My left hand then attached itself on my nape, nervous slowly itching in me as I felt my throat went dry, looking everywhere to avoid her questioning gaze.

"I kind of eavesdropped earlier...."

I was averting my gaze everywhere as I heard, "That's okay...", that made me sent CEO~nim a look.

I then sent her a confused look since she was usually scolding me right now as I pondered in what I just witnessed, quite bewildered.

"I mean, it's bound to happen, anyways......"

••••

After few minutes of silence, CEO then asked, "Before you witnessed this, what were you going to say?"

"Uh, I just want to know if you did approved Chaeyeon, the new girl to work in the company. She was my client a year ago so I'm quite hesitant about this ~", I hesitantly stated as CEO Amber slumped back into her seat, her face drowned in thought, making me gulped in fear.

From there, I could see surprise passed CEO Amber's face, making confusion flowed through my mind.

"W~What? Who hired her?", CEO Amber asked in confusion as she looked over my direction, her hands clasped together whenever she's nervous or upset.

As soon as I answered, she then hesitantly heaved a pissed sigh, closing her eyes in slight frustration before she gently slumped her head down on the table, slightly disheartened. "Looks like it, Moonseun ~"

Lifting her head from the glass table, she then sent me a hesitant nod as shock slowly invaded my system after, my eyes open widely, my lips slightly parted in shock.

"Eh?!"

Uh oh, i can feel trouble coming in this year........

Chaeyeon's face then flashed through my mind as I pondered on the possibilities on what could happen this year.

I hope something disastrous won't happen to me, or anyone around me........