Bad Boy Boogie

I wake up at an unnecessarily early time due to the birds chirping right outside my window. I have a crick in my neck from lying wrong on Steve's car seat, and my mouth is incredibly dry from where it was drooling on the seatbelt.

I squint at the sun, which is low in the sky, before turning to see Steve fast asleep on the driver's side.

I check the clock on the dashboard to see it's just past eight, meaning my father should be driving to work in about ten minutes.

I glance back at Steve once more before smirking, seeing the perfect opportunity for a prank.

I search through the glove compartment and then the backseat of his car, looking for anything that I can use against him. I eventually find a bottle of shaving cream under his seat, and I grin. Perfect.

I quickly get to work, lightly pulling on the hand that he isn't using to prop his face up on the armrest. I shake the bottle and spray a huge lump onto his palm, watching his eyes and making sure he doesn't wake up.

Then, I use the end of my hair to tickle his face, leaning over slightly to really get at him. It takes a minute, but eventually he groans in his sleep and goes to scratch his nose, only to throw the shaving cream at himself like a coconut cream pie.

His eyes snap open as the substance covers his nose and mouth and part of his cheek, splattering messily when he smacks himself.

"What the—" he frowns at his hand before looking at me and glaring, "Liz you piece of shit."

I break into a fit of laughter at his cream coloured face, holding the can as I bask in my victory.

He shakes his head before snatching the bottle from me and locking the doors, grinning.

"You're dead."

He then leans over and sprays the shaving cream all over my head as I try and leave the car, covering my face and laughing.

"Stop! I surrender!" I shout over his own cackling, the stuff coating my hair and dropping down my forehead.

He eventually stops and chucks the can away, grinning at his significantly larger victory.

"I win," he says smugly as I wipe the cream from my eyes, flicking it at him.

"Okay, well that didn't even take any sort of planning." I roll my eyes.

"I don't need planning to make a fool of you. You do it on your own."

I stick my tongue out at him as he starts the engine, still grinning.

"Pass me the napkins in the glove compartment, would you?" He says as he turns off the street we were on. I hand him one before using the rest for myself, provoking a scowl and an eye roll from him as we park on our own street, slightly hidden by the trees.

"And now we wait." He leans back in his seat and yawns.

"Don't you have a job to be at soon?" I question, checking the time once more.

"Yeah, I'll get there." He shrugs nonchalantly.

"Might wanna take a shower if you're gonna be trying to pick up girls again," I point out.

"And you might wanna shut up before I get the shaving cream out again."

I put my hands up in defence, "Have it your way. Just don't come crying when some girl says you smell."

He chuckles dryly before an engine sounds and we both look into the road, seeing our dad's car whiz past and head the other way. We both sigh in relief, as if expecting him to have seen us and pulled over.