Hogwarts High

I get it, I get it. But I decided to start work on my new project early. My original idea was to place the personalities of the Harry Potter characters in an American High School environment and watch what happens. I was planning to change the names, but then I realized; if I proceed as planned, then a major part of their personalities might be lost - especailly Draco's, who will no longer have any reason to hate Hermione. Plus, it was starting to look like Glee. And so yeah, I get that Hogwarts technically is a high school, but I'm going to put the actual characters in that American High School environment, and see what happens. Oh, and by the way, this is set during their fifth year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where are we?" Harry asked, as the dust cleared.
"Obviously Potter, we're not at Hogwarts. We're not even at King's Cross, and we're wearing Muggle clothes."
 "There's probably going to be Muggles around here somewhere, Malfoy. And how did you get here anyway? You were nowhere near us when we Apparated."
Draco shrugged.
"I bet it has something to do with the fact that he was actually standing fairly close, because he was spying on us for Hogwarts." Ginny said. 

Harry looked around at who was with them. Him, Draco, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, Neville and a strange blonde girl, with a dreamy look on her face. "Hello. I'm Luna Lovegood." She said.

"Perfect. Just perfect." Draco groaned.
"What's wrong, Malfoy?" Ron sneered.
"That's Loony Lovegood!"

Luna smiled at him, masking a small threat. "I prefer to be called Luna."
Hermione smiled, and Harry looked around the dusty cornfield that they were in. "Does this place look familiar to anyone?" They all shook their heads. "Alright then. Until we find out where we are, no magic will be used, understood?" He glared at Draco in particular. They all got up, and started walking. Soon enough, they were in a town, and on a high school campus.
"Potter, can we leave now? All this Muggle-ness is... in one word, Freaky." Harry didn't listen to Draco, and the team followed him. And Harry had heard cheering. "This is insane." Draco muttered, but he followed them anyway.

The cheering came from a football field. "Look. Muggles. Now we can ask them were we are." Harry said, gesturing to the bleachers.
"Without further ado, let the game begin!" A balding man said enthusiatically. The Muggle teens roared with excitement.  The team raised an eyebrow at the game. "Honestly. This is what Muggles call sport?" Draco scoffed. Harry shook his head. "Never mind that. We need to- wait, where's Neville?"
 "Here I am." he squeaked.
"Honestly." Ron muttered. 

"I was talking to some Muggles in the bleach, I think they called it. They said we're in Kansas."

"I thought we might be in America." Luna said. "I guess we have to wait until we find a way home..." Harry asked. "Why not just go back the way we came?"
"I thought about it. But we don't even know what happened. It could have been a Portkey, we could have Apparated..."
"So until we find out what it was, we're stuck here." Hermione finished.