Secret Wizard Man

That night, Hermione made up her mind. She needed to talk, and who better than Luna and Ginny? She crept over to Luna's room across the hall. "Luna? Is Ginny in there with you?" She whispered. Luna nodded, and said, "Yes. And you're late. We expected you half an hour ago." She opened the door wider though, and Hermione squeezed through. She sat down on the floor, and Luna and Ginny joined her. 

"Okay... don't hate me for this, but I think I've fallen in love with Draco Malfoy. As in, legitimately." Hermione made a face.
Luna and Ginny rolled their eyes. "That's it? We already knew that." Ginny said.
"Be nice Ginny." said Luna.
"Wait, how did you know?" Hermione said. "I didn't know!"
 "It was obvious, Hermione. The kiss in class, the way you seemed as upset as humanly possible when he 'cheated on you', the way you were acting in the bleachers. And we don't hate you. We were trying to set you guys up!" Luna said.
 Hermione was shocked. "What?! Well, not you, I expected this from you, but Ginny?"

Ginny gave her a look. "Please Hermione. I told you. I may not like it, but I'm not going to lose my friendship with you over it."
 Hermione blushed. "Okay... but still. Can we please talk about how insane it is that I am in love with Draco freaking Malfoy? ...do you think he slipped me a love spell?"
"I always thought there was something between you." Luna noted. "But no. No love spell. Mother makes all the food." 

"I... this seems like some big trick he's trying to play." Hermione muttered. Luna and Ginny looked at each other and grimaced.
"Hermione, he loves you back." Luna pointed out.
"Remember his reaction to the short skirts?" Ginny added. 
"On me, when he was being a prat, or on other girls, when he was also being a prat?" Hermione asked warily. 

"What about the way he totally hates Jonathan Jones?" Luna asked. 
"Everybody hates Jones." Hermione pointed out. "Especially since Jonathan hates Malfoy particularly." 
 "Please Hermione. He wanted to snog you before we got here!" Ginny scoffed. "Have you seen the way he stares at you? It's a bit odd." 
"A bit obsessive, really." Luna agreed. "Though he seems harmless. Just staring at you from across the hall. And now you like him!" 

"This is turning into Pride and Prejudice!" Ginny pointed out.
"Stop!" cried Hermione. "You both need to give me a chance to refute you!"
Ginny grinned. "Why would we do that? Now I know I can be successful in the world; I can win an argument with Hermione Granger."
 There was a knock on the door. "A galleon its him?"
"Oh, Luna! It's so obviously him! Why would I lose money agreeing with you?" There was another knock on the door, and Hermione sighed.

"I'm going to get the door, which was probably your plan all along..." She got up, and walked over to the door, and opened it.
 It was Draco, shifting awkwardly from foot to foot. "You weren't in your room, and I wanted to talk to you." He said by way of explanation. "I... finished 'Pride and Prejudice'." 
"Really, what did you think of--?" Hermione was cut off by both of them being pulled into the room. 

"Why have we been kidnapped by Lovegood and the Weaselette?" Draco asked Hermione. 
"Because they can't mind their own business." Hermione huffed. 
Luna cracked her neck. "Well, that's a matter of perspective. You're our friend, we want you to be happy." 
"Even if it's with Ferret-face." Ginny sighed, shooting Draco a look. 

He stuck out his tongue at her before turning back to Hermione. "What do they want, Granger?" 
"They want me to confess my undying love to you." Hermione sighed. 
"Oh. That'll be a cold day in hell then. No, seriously, Granger, what do they want?" 
Hermione sighed, but didn't say anything. 

"Granger, you're scaring me." 
"I already told you." 
"...Lovegood, this isn't funny." Draco huffed. 

"Don't blame Luna. I'm here in the first place because it's true." 
Draco froze. 
Hermione sighed. "Go ahead, Malfoy. Tease me incessantly. I know you're dying to do so." 
He cocked his head at her. "Now, why would I do that...? See, now I suppose that I won't become a Death Eater, because I'm going to snog you senseless." 
"Very funny, Ma--"