The Star Quarterback

That night, Draco ended up reading Pride and Prejudice from cover to cover, mostly because he didn't want to be scolded by the Muggle woman. However, by 1/4 of the way in, he sympathized with Darcy. When he was at the part where Darcy was confessing himself to Elizabeth, he was nodding in agreement. 

"Yes, excellent. She won't be able to do much better than him, and it's obvious she likes him back. Why wouldn't she...? He's perfect for her. I'm..." He muttered. He thought for a minute, before shaking his head as if he had water in his ears, "I did not say I. That did not happen. This is a work of fiction, and no matter how it may accidentally relate to my life." He grimaced for a moment, and kept reading. "WHAT?!" He practically shouted when Elizabeth turned Darcy down.

"What's all the racket?" Hermione was standing in his doorway.
 "Elizabeth just turned Darcy down! Wha... why?!" Draco exclaimed, pointing to the book incredulously. Hermione smiled a tiny bit, before coming closer. "It gets better. He writes her a letter explaining what he did, especially on why he broke up her sister and Bingley. We also find out why he hates Wickham. Elizabeth becomes reconciled to him when he saves her sister. And-"
 "Hey! Don't spoil the rest." Draco huffed. 
Hermione nodded. "Hey, do you think Darcy and Elizabeth make a good couple?"
 "Yeah. Darcy's an interesting gentleman, and he clearly cares for Elizabeth, even if he doesn't show it. Likewise, she's hardly likely to get a better match than him. And I'd like to think he's not alone in his feelings."

Hermione raised an eyebrow. "Well, she's right when she says he's really proud and prejudiced. Just like someone else I know..."
He grinned. "Why, thank you, Granger. I take it you're finally seeing the light after noticing what a wonderful snog I am. But it's not all his fault. He's got a mask to keep out girls like Caroline Bingley. He didn't take it down for Elizabeth, a fact he surely regrets, but he told her how he feels. He let down the mask. Isn't that a big step?"
Hermione looked at him shrewdly. "We're not talking about Darcy and Elizabeth anymore, are we?" Draco didn't answer. He was busy reading the book. Hermione shook her head, and went back to her room. When he was sure she had left, he lowered the book and said quietly, "No. I suppose we weren't."

The next morning, things happened mostly as they did the day before. But when Jonathan waggled his eyebrows at Hermione in Math (which Draco found boring, because Arithmancy is so much better), Draco put his arm around her and glared at Jonathan, with his special, 'I'll-either-kill-you-or-I'll-torture-you-horrendously' glare. Jonathan glared back, and Hermione poked Draco's arm off, before noticing Jonathan. She bit her lip for a minute, before leaning against him. 
"Ms. Granger!" The teacher snapped. "Were you paying attention to me, or your teenage hormones?" 

Jonathan smirked, before he muttered something about revenge and Draco and dating Hermione, and glared at Draco for the rest of the lesson. Luna noticed this, and whispered something to Draco, who passed it on to  Hermione. 

Hermione was already reconciled to this, so before the teacher came in but all the students were already there in the next class, Draco leaned over, and kissed Hermione. It soon turned into a really deep kiss, much better than any pretend peck that Luna set them up for. As it was, she leaned back in her chair with a satisfied expression, especially at the look on Jonathan's face.

After school were the football tryouts. The old team had just had their last pep rally when the team walked in. And guess what? There were only two candidates for Quaterback; Draco and Jonathan. The gossip was that they had made this into something for Hermione; as in she gets the quarterback. As she and Luna sat in the bleachers, she muttered, "Oh honestly. They're acting like little children, especially that Jonathan. And as if I would ever date someone just because of his prowess at a sport! And Draco's going to get himself killed."
Luna nodded. "His body doesn't look exactly built for this type of sport, now does it? I do hope he doesn't break something that he needs."