010

Breakfast is usually a late affair on Saturdays, but it seems that the four friends decided to get up earlier that day. Cameron is the last one ready, her hair straightened and bright red jumper matching her newly painted nails. She did them before she went to sleep and they make her smile every time she looks at them. Maybe she'll make them yellow tomorrow...

About twenty other people are milling around, some eating toast and all examining the Goblet. It is in the centre of the Entrance Hall on the three-legged stool that's getting double the use than it normally does in one school year. Now it has two jobs!

A thin golden line circles around the Goblet, ten feet in every direction.

"Anyone put their name in yet?" Ron asks a third-year eagerly.

"All the Durmstrang lot," she replies, "but I haven't seen anyone from Hogwarts yet."

Cameron grins and immediately strides towards the Great Hall where her cousins and their friends are once again sat at the Gryffindor table.

"Here she is!" Ivan smiles, hugging her side as she sits between the twins.

"Hey! Did you all sleep okay?"

"Yeah. The ship isn't too bad to sleep in, actually," Gregor grins. "Uncle Valko was looking for you, by the way. He's up at the teacher's table."

She looks around the Hall and notices that all of the Hogwarts people that are awake must be in the Entrance Hall. "I'll be back in a second," she nods. She stands up and makes her way to where her father is sat with a smile.

"Hey, dad. Ivan said you were looking for me?" she says, ignoring Karkaroff's eyes on her.

"Yes, I wanted to properly introduce you to Headmaster Karkaroff," he says, gesturing to his superior.

"It's lovely to meet you," she smiles, shaking his hand dutifully.

"And you. You must have gotten all your good looks from your mother, Miss Aldridge," he smiles.

"Oh, definitely," her dad replies. "Her mother is a beauty as well."

"Only the one child, though?" Karkaroff asks.

"Yes. We thought one was enough. She has plenty of cousins," Valko nods. "Although, a boy would be nice." Cameron laughs slightly at her father's face. He clearly doesn't want to be having this conversation.

"Could you imagine me around a baby? No way," she says, playing off her laughter.

"You should go and eat," her dad says, giving her a pointed look. "Your mother wanted me to make sure you're okay."

"Mum worries too much," she sighs. "But yes, I'll go and have some breakfast. It was great to meet you, sir."

She returns to the Gryffindor table as her friends arrive from the Entrance Hall.

"There's a rumour going around that Warrington got up early and put his name in," Dean says to the table. "That big bloke from Slytherin who looks like a sloth."