023

"Cami... Cam... Cameron!"

She shoots up and swears loudly in Bulgarian before falling to the hard floor with a loud thud. She hears giggling and pries open her eyes to see Hermione stifling a laugh and Lavender, Parvati and Romilda laughing. She lets out a sarcastic laugh, unable to fight the smile.

"Happy Christmas, girls," she smiles as she climbs back into her bed and sees the pile at the end of her bed.

"You have so many, Cam," Romilda says from her bunk.

"Big family, Rom," she replies back with a shrug. "I also had to buy presents for all of these people... I have to send three owls at a time."

Romilda, Parvarti and Lavender leave the room, talking avidly about the Ball. Cameron digs out her present for Hermione and smiles as she hands it over. "For tonight," she says, sitting back on her bed. Hermione opens the package carefully, and finds the black velvet box. She opens it and inside is a beautiful necklace with stones the same colour as her dress. It's low key enough so that Cameron knows she'll like it, but enough to be perfect for the ball.

"Cami! It's perfect, thank you!" Hermione smiles, pulling her friend into a hug. The bushy haired girl pulls out a package and hands it to her. She opens it and out falls a book, a Muggle novel by the look of it.

"The Girl with the Dragon tattoo?" She flips over the book and reads the blurb, her eyes filling with excitement. "This sounds so good! I'm going to read this soon, I swear!" she promises, grinning widely.

"Now open the rest so we can find the boys!" she urges.

Her grandmothers (and apparently her grandfather, but she doesn't quite believe that), both absolute angels, have sent her corresponding care packages. Where one grandmother got her one of her favourite scented candles, her other got another. They even split pairs of socks and slippers between them. Her aunts, uncles and a couple of cousins have all bought her pretty pieces of jewellery and some new makeup. When she gets to Ivan and Gregor's presents, she pauses sceptically.

"I really don't trust them when it comes to presents," she sighs. "There is rarely a year where I can escape without a prank gift."

She pokes Ivan's and then pokes Gregor's but nothing happens. She peels the corner off of the first gift before shrugging and unwrapping it properly. In her hands sits a box. She opens it and reads the small note placed on top.

To my favourite cousin, you deserve a break, so no prank this year. Find a moment to relax and enjoy.

She pushes past some of the tissue paper in it and sees a collection of face masks in the box. She smiles to herself; she always complains how she never has any decent face masks at school since she can never decide which ones to bring and can't possibly justify bringing all of her favourites. He just made it ten times easier.

She puts it to one side and reaches for Gregor's. Inside that is a load of small perfume testers.

Tell me which ones you love and I'll get you a full sized one any time you need it. Big love, Gregor.

Cameron smiles down at them both, a warmth filling her chest at the care her cousins must have taken to choose these, even though they seem simple. There are hundreds of face masks out there, thousands of perfumes— yet they picked some of the best, some of her favourites and some new ones to give to her.