Chapter 8

Friday January 3rd, 2003

Running down the stairs, grabbing the container of cookies, walking swiftly towards my mom's car where she waited.

"Remind me never to buy a fuzzy alarm clock no matter how cute it is." I pulled down the sun visor and took in my reflection

"I told you not to buy it." She handed me a plastic bag filled with hair accessories.

"I know, I know." I sighed, I grabbed a small comb and tried to fix my messy hair.

"Don't worry, you not that late. You have a good 45 mins before the bell rings. Ah yes, before I forget-"

"That's a good song."

"Why do you always say that?" Her lips tighten.

"Because It's a good song." I tied my hair into a bun, leaving hair strands on the front to form my face.

"You're aunt is visiting this weekend."

"Really!?"

"Yes, they are might be here for a few weeks."

"Does this mean we will be allowed to sleep late?"

"Yes, as long as it doesn't get in the way of school."

I can't wait!

We arrived at school, everyone was already here, including the gray Jeep I had been nervous about.

I got out, carefully putting the container in my backpack. I waved goodbye to my mom and made my way towards the cafeteria for some breakfast.

(Small time skip)

I grabbed a cinnamon roll and milk, thanking the cafeteria lady, glancing for my friends, I saw Mike and Jessica talking. I smiled.

"Just please, it's the only favor I am ever going to ask you" Jessica begged Mike.

"Okay, but I can't make any promises." Mike smiled as he noticed me taking a seat in front of him.

"Morning, you look...not so good." He replied pointing towards my whole self.
I looked down at my jeans and my loose gray shirt.

What is wrong with my outfit??

"You're not supposed to say it out loud" Jessica whispered, she scooted to the seat next to me, grabbing the plastic bag from my backpack she slowly made some small braids and tied them off with a band.

"So what was the favor I heard of?"

Mike took a big bite out of his breakfast sandwich, he munched as I took the hint that he wasn't going to respond until he was done with his bite.

"It's nothing really....it's just a small favor." Jessica dragged on the sentence.

What exactly are you hiding Jessica??

I took a bite of the cinnamon roll, humming in content as the warmth sugary food hit my tastebuds. I glanced up at the noise of chairs being dragged across the floor. Angela and Eric and taken the seats next to Mike. Leaving Mike in the middle of the pair.