Chapter 11

Saturday January 4th, 2003

"Heather would you like some more fruit?" My mom held up a plate of melons, strawberries and watermelons. She smiled as she watched Heather nod her head. A soft "thank you" was heard.

"Morning!" My aunt's voice was heard from behind us, I turned back to wish her a quick good morning, her blonde hair was wet, she was drying it as she talked to my mom.

Heather took her last bite of her fruits and looked at me. I already knew what it was, I quickly ate my last piece of watermelon. Taking both Heather's plate and mine towards the sink. I quickly washed the dishes and put them in the drying rack.

"Where are you two going?"

"Don't worry auntie, we are just going to the living. Heather wants to start on her scrapbook." I smiled as I wheeled Heather towards the living room. After making sure she was comfortable, I went upstairs to get all my art supplies.

"Okay, I am pretty sure this is all I have." Heather was already cutting some pictures when I turned my attention towards her.

"If you get tired, let me know." She simply nodded and tightened her lips. I knew she hated asking for help but I prefer her to slightly be mad at me than for something bad to happen. Her body couldn't handle a lot of simple takes, it frustrated her more than she like to let on.

After half an hour Heather had gotten tired and simply told me how she wanted to decorate her scrapbook. She took out a envelope of old photos from the times she had visited.

I was surprised she had so many, there were photos of us in the kitchen cooking, reading, painting on each other's faces. Back when Heather was a bit more healthy.

After layering a considerably amount of glitter I glued down a photo of our last Halloween "party". It was just my friends, Heather and I, in silly makeup, watching a movie.

"I miss them." She smiled down at other photos from the same night. Being always at home meant that my friends were her friends as well. I gently took the photos she handed me, I couldn't help but smile at those memories. Heather has laughed so much, it was really nice.

"We could invite them over tomorrow if you want?"

"Really?!" Her eyes sparkled as she looked up at me. I shrugged my shoulders. "It's the weekend so I am sure they won't mind but no promises that they will all come."

"I'm okay with whoever decides to visit." She smiled as she looked up, I followed her line of vision and saw my aunt talking to my mom.

"I'll tell her, don't worry about it." I reassured her.

"Thanks."

(Time skip to the evening)

Hanging the freshly cleaned blouse Alice lent me, I changed into a comfy clothes. The snacks and the drinks were already set out for our movie night.

"I can't wait! Hopefully, I don't embarrass myself." Heather said as I walked to the living room, she played with her blonde hair. I gently patted her head in reassurance.

"We all know that I am the embarrassing one in the family."

The knock at the door saved up from small bickering of who really was the loser in the family.