Chapter 12

Monday January 6th, 2003

"This class will have a lot of partner projects and I want you to able to get along. Therefore your first project will be a home project. One that you will need to do after school at your partner's home. You will choose one event in history and recreate it, however you do that is up to you. This assignment will be due next month so please do not rush."

My eyes widen at what the teacher had said.

"Oh no. This will be so awkward!"

The class talked amongst each other. I noticed the teacher making her way down to Rosalie's desk. She squat down to our eye level.

"Hey guys, unfortunately Jasper's desk partner moved to a different class so I will have you Rosalie, Jasper and (Y/N) to be in one group." She smiled and left to help a student who had their hand up.

"I guess we will be together after all." Rosalie smiled at her brother. I glanced over at Jasper and he let out a light sigh.

"What if they decide to do the project at their place? What do I wear? I need to bring some food with me! What do they like?!"

I felt my brain going on overdrive. I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of the new kids. After a few seconds, I felt calm. I let out a sigh of relief.

"If it makes you feel better, it's alright with us doing the project at your house." Jasper's voice was soft and offered me the reassurance I needed to fully calm down. His golden eyes held kindness, that kindness lifted me. I couldn't explain it.

"Thanks that's helpful, fine with me. Would you guys be okay with once a week?" I suggested

"Yes. We can do today if you want? We have to swing by our house first, we have a couple of things to do." Rosalie spoke, she quickly glanced at Jasper at the end of it.

"That's okay, I am okay with that. Do what you need to do." I nodded "hang on, let me give you my address before I forget." I wrote my address and cellphone number and handed it to Rosalie.

"Thank you. Here let me give you my number as well." Rosalie reaches for my notebook and wrote her number down.

"Here is mines as well." Jasper then scooted his desk alongside mines and he wrote his number down.

"Alright, I will text you when we get out of class so you can save my number." I smiled at Jasper as he nodded.

Their handwriting was so neat. I smiled as I thought about the new friends I might make but still nervous about having them at my home.

~

"Hey (Y/N)!!" Alice greeted me as she skipped to her seat. I smiled in amusement, as seeing her so full of life with so much energy, despite it being still early in the morning.

"Hey Alice. Wow you seem like you are in a good mood."

"Of course I am, today is going to be a good day, I just know it." She smiled

"Right. If you say so. Oh yeah! Before I forget, let me know when you want me to give you back your blouse that you lent me? It's in my car. Don't worry, I sent it to the cleaners to be properly cleaned."