3 • Home Is a Feeling

THIS IS DEFINITELY not the way she wants everything to be

THIS IS DEFINITELY not the way she wants everything to be. She was not ready. She felt so small and her heart ached worse than she thought it would be. Having to meet Kai in such condition is such an unbearable pain. She once imagine that one day, she would meet her friends, being unbelievably happy. College graduated, not a soon dropped out one. She can't help but feel the tiny pieces of her pride left, feels invaded.

Not just how he is so out of her league now, but also too intimidating to be comfortable with. She swallows a lump in her throat; grips her seats tightly at her sides, and shifts uncomfortably.

"Liberty... " warmness in his voice radiates her. Liberty turns her head and meets a pair of penetrating dark blue gaze. His grin grew wider when she adjusts her attention to him. He is wearing a well-tailored white tuxedo, perfectly fitted on his figure. It took a second for Liberty to recall his face.

"Oh my god, Aiden? Is that you?" She beamed.

"Thank god, I gotta admit, I was scared you wouldn't recognize me for a sec." He ran his fingers through his dirty blonde hair and shifted into a seat next to her.

"Are you insane?, how could I forget you?" she chuckled incredulously and felt the tension in her muscles eased. She couldn't help but grinning excitedly. She feels at home. Kimora and Esther too; couldn't escape from the grin vastly plastered on their faces, finally, get to see a smile on her lips.

"You look good, even better like, a hundred times." He motioned his hand to her appearance and nodded in utter approval.

"Oh come on look at you!" she rolled her eyes "you look like Lucky Blue Smith vibe now! I remember the time you look like a snob, wearing hoodies and slippers every day because you always wake up late for school".

Kimora scoffed, "Oh please Lib, Stop. You're just boosting his already gigantic ego." She rolled her eyes and they laughed in unison; their conversations rise in havoc as time goes by. But Liberty couldn't shake the thought of wondering why Kai and the woman in white next to him remain silent as if they are in another dimension.

____________________

SOPHIA COULDN'T SHAKE off the look of hatred, plastering on her face; the right moment she saw her walking towards the table, she felt the rush in her bloodstream shot up in a spike.

She looks over Kai and caught him clenching his jaw intensely.

She scoffed." Ah...so you know," she nodded, chewing the inside of her cheek."You invited her?" she interrogated.

"God, Soph. Please don't do this now." He grunted when her attitude finally got him off the edge. She sneers and takes a sip of her cocktail to calm down. In her head, she curses and says, you'll regret this.

She keeps her eyes on her the whole time without getting caught like a predator; while Liberty sat there like prey, smiling and laughing innocently, lost in a conversation.