4 • One Step Closer

WHY WOULD SHE know anything? Liberty opposes with herself the whole ride back to college

WHY WOULD SHE know anything? Liberty opposes with herself the whole ride back to college. She tried playing her favorite songs, tried to distract herself by listening to the news on the radio, and constantly rolled down the window for air to alleviate the blazing tension. The ride feels eternal with the inevitable memory, flooding in her mind.

Out of his long list of decent friends, what made them think she would be the one or the better question is, in any place to know anything? The expectations made her furious unexpectedly. The fact was, she isn't mad at them, but herself. And in the moment, there is nothing, utterly nothing she wouldn't consider in her life right now to revoke the impulsive decisions she did in her past.

Karma has finally taken its toll now, and she is paying the taxes with such an unbelievably tremendous amount that possibly costs her everything, probably her sanity to the vastest.

And she isn't sure if she is prepared for any of it when the sneak peek had already feels like a hurricane or if she ever wanted to continue this exhausting, rekindle visit of her pasts. Do these havoc she made are fixable? To be honest, she is utterly pessimistic about it since the very beginning, and nothing has succeeded to alter her mind yet.

__________

After one hour and a half of running her hands on the steering wheel absentmindedly, Liberty has finally arrived at the familiar compartments of her college. The buildings stood with pride and mighty with a gigantic sign named Home Of All Success
Her mind and body has been running on autopilot mode for the rest of the journey, completely depending on her memories of the route and the tiny bit of consciousness she has.

She passes through the adequate amount of students strolling at the side of the road, few of them were in sport attires, jogging, and cycling but a loud sound pricks her ears; which quickly grasp her attention. She contorts her face in confusion as she passes by a neon pink jeep; buzzing with loud music with familiar faces she quickly recognizes as party girls, standing at their seats, bobbing their head to the chaotic music, drawing attention as usual.

Another party? she thought.

It is Sunday anyway, and it's almost 8 pm. There is nothing odd about that around here. It is almost like a medicine that the youth possesses, as if it is the only cure to those stressful weeks of classes and assignments. At least, only for them. Not her.

Merely minutes later, she rolls up to a parking spot. Swing her backpack to her shoulder; grab the black box to her side, and went into her dorm. The dorm sounds quieter than usual as she struts along the hallway of closed doors.

Ah sure...the party

She unlocks the key to her room and is surprised to see her roommate pops out behind the door in a grey sweater and black sweatpants. Ophelia.

"Liberty!" She beamed "thought you'll be back next week!" Her full pink lips stretched out genuinely.

Liberty notices the tone of her caramel skin has been tanner than usual, silently assumed that she had been to the beach for the break, something that Ophelia would totally do.