7 • Love, You Don't Know What You're Running Away From.

BUZZ OF HONKS and engine thrusting are starting to fume in the early evening

BUZZ OF HONKS and engine thrusting are starting to fume in the early evening. People are bustling on the streets, some just ended their shift, still in office attire, a bunch are already dressed up like a 'night out', and a few are just normal, strolling along the paths crammed with sizzles of various aroma from the snack vendors. It is Sunday anyway, so it is normal for the energetic bustle.

However, inside the bookstore, the busy bustle is rehabilitated with a hiatus. Liberty's favorite band is playing on repeat on their Bluetooth speakers. Abducting Derry and Liberty away from the deafening evening, it occurs a loop of refreshment to the atmosphere into pure elucidation and warmth.

The golden sun penetrates an adequate amount of glow between the hollows of bookshelves leaning perpendicularly to the modern light brown oak walls, flashes through, from the wide glass-fronted windows. High up on the black-coated ceiling, soft yellow, glints from the lengthy wired lightbulbs in an exotic beeline, cheering up the expanse as the daylight takes off, and the soft whiffs of the coffee takeouts on the counter and book pages on the stacks, create a 'home' feeling to the supposedly workspace, a perfect definition of another rare, perfect evening.

And I hope you're holding hands by New Year's Eve

They made it far too easy to believe

That true romance can't be achieved these days...

Liberty hums along the soft beats, trying her best not to sing it out loud and crack into dramatic motions of hands or swaying her body like the electric boogaloo style that she thought would look like a ballerina, as she needed to properly dab the crimson red lipstick on her lips. Otherwise, she would need to spend another fifteen minutes cleaning up the smeared red and it is not what she needed at the moment, she was running late. At anytime River would arrive to pick her up.

Derry stood beside her, still wearing the typical apron for work, presses a shoulder at the door while looking at Liberty preparing at the mirror.

Feeling her eyes scanning her appearance, didn't go unnoticed. A second or two, she couldn't help but glance at her then back to the mirror and repeat, what could possibly be on her mind? She wants to ask about her outfit, not that she cares, she doesn't anymore, that's one of the things Liberty has learned about the least self-love she had been gaining past few years. It was only, for the sake of breaking the endless stare.

Even though Derry simply wears a baby blue blouse and a pair of dark jeans, which is how most of her outfits are based on, casual and minimal. She never fails to make a good impression, neither from the first time or after many times you see her. After all, how could anyone dislike her? Her almond milk-colored eyes that take you back to those warming autumn days, luminous olive skin that glitters without the need of the golden hour, and her carefree personality. Even by only being around her is like breathing fresh air.

She has the personality anyone hopes for everybody to see in themselves, and Liberty couldn't deny the little jealousy in her for that matter. It's not the toxic kind of jealousy, just a decent one. One that you feel, but not enough for you to give a damn. She doesn't care about how people see herself anymore, she stopped caring about anything that people think of her a long time ago and only saves it for someone who truly worth her caring.