Chapter Fifteen - The Line Between Wrath And Mercy

Hello, my babes!

A brand new chapter! Listen to the song when it appears in the chapter because a) it helps with immersion and b) this song is very good.

(Yes, at this point Bittersweet and my profile are practically merchandising for Hayley Williams and I don't regret it. Y'all should stream both parts of the Petals For Armor album, btw).

*TERSY'S PROPAGANDA MOMENT*

I have an original project called Blood, Tears & Blue Roses going on now :3 I would be happy if y'all could go and check it, thanks.

Good reading, guys! xoxo

-----------------------------*-----------------------------

It was already November. Halloween came and went with a few parties, but as was already the custom for the students at that school, the real celebration would come on November 15th. It was Bonnibel's birthday, and as usual, there would be a costume party.

This was probably the only situation in the entire year that Bonnibel was happy at a party. Perhaps because during childhood she had very little of that attention and love on her birthday Her parents would fill her with presents and throw a party full of their "friends" - meaning future shareholders or important people who could invest in the Candy Kingdom or buy from the factory - together with their children (kids that Bonnibel didn't know).

Few of her friends could go, since her parents didn't want them to make a mess and ruin the party. Until she was about 13 years old, the parties were not birthday parties. They were business meetings.

With that in mind, she loved seeing her friends and classmates on costumes, having fun without her parents' watchful eyes on them. Now she hardly saw them on her birthday, often what she received was a text message from both of them and t in the living room. But I tried not to complain.

Five days before her birthday, she was arguing with Marceline about the costume, rummaging through the fabrics in her closet. A family friend and stylist would probably make the outfit for her. Usually, that choice was made with Hayley and Lucy, but that day, they were busy at the mall.

And anyway, she had been preferring Marceline's company lately.

"I thought your closet would be extremely pink, but it hurts my eyes here" - said Marceline, walking around the room and forcing a face of disgust.

"Hahaha, very funny." - replied Bonnibel, rolling her eyes.

"Thanks" - said the girl, throwing a kiss in the air.

Marceline looked a little better, Bonnibel thought. She seemed more excited that day, messing the hangers, playfully criticizing her style just to laugh when Bonnibel rolled her eyes or snorted at her comments. It made her happy.

Now things had changed, in a way. If Marceline used to be overly careful, now it was Bonnibel. Shele was terrified by the possibility of making Marceline freak out like that again, but she was still dying to feel the girl close. An unfortunate stalemate. So it was good to see Marceline more like the girl from the beginning.

"Do you already know what you're going to dress up for, Bonnie?"

"Not yet. Actually, that's why I called you here. What do you think I should do?"

"You should go as a princess."

"You're being really funny today, right?"

"I'm serious!" - said Marceline, looking at the fabrics. She separated a very striking pink one and a purple one. "You have to embrace the joke, Bonnibel. And you really do look like a princess."