You Promised pt.1 💔

(Angst timeeee)

Faith had just returned from another mission with Cassia. She had bandages around her left arm and her Galra scar also hidden.
"You two look like you came out of a war..." Lizzy said. Faith rolled her eyes.
"Someone set off a bomb and I happened to be nearby. Also I was shot in the arm, it's basic shit." Faith said walking past.
"It wasn't as bad as Faith makes it sound. I'll explain it, she's probably gonna go to bed or something." Cassia said watching her leave.

Faith went to her room where she locked the door and changed into her normal clothes. Her removed the bandages from her arm, it had healed by the time she returned. She washed some ashes off her face, underneath her scar showed. Faith originally though it had something to do with the sword fight from her and Cassia, but it didn't seem right. Something never added up. "What are you? And why do you hate me so much?" Faith asked herself referring to the scar on her face. She didn't have any answers and it scared her.

After a little while of staring and thinking, Faith went to her bed and sat down. She read the book Athena recommended to her. Hours pass and soon someone knocked on the door.
"Hey Faith. Foods ready if your hungry." It was Lizzy.
"Nah I'm good." Faith said and heard her walk away. She kept reading.

Another knock on the door. "Who is it?" She called out.
"It's me.." a familiar voice was heard and Faith opened the door to see Athena.
"Can I come in?" She asked.
"Of course, you don't have to ask." Faith said closing to door behind Athena.
"How are you feeling?" She asked the red paladin.
"Could be better I suppose." Faith said sitting back on the bed putting the book on the desk nearby.
"Your actually reading it?" Athena asked.
"You said it was good and since I trust you then I decided, why not" Faith had said in response. Athena smiles. They girls continued to talk. They went on and on about what felt like everything. They complained and made jokes. They told each other some personal things and other obvious things. In the end they where just laying on Faiths bed laughing.

"How come you say it's hard but you do it so easily?" Athena asked.
"What do you mean?" Faith was confused.
"I mean, you tell me and Cassia everything no problem but you can barely talk to the others. Let alone talk about yourself." Athena said.
"I do really know. I just find you easy to talk to I guess. Your just special." Faith said. shrugging. Athena blushed slightly and hid her face.
"You think I'm special?" She asked.
"I think your beautiful, smart, and unique." Faith said and got up to look at Athena who had her face hidden in pillow. Faith laughs. Athena turned around to see Faith looking at her and smiles.
"Your not lying right?" Athena asked.
"I promise you. I'd never lie to you." Faith said grabbing her hand. Athena pulls Faith closer and hugs her.
"Then promise me you'll stop being so reckless... I don't want you to keep coming back hurt. I don't want to lose you or anyone else." Athena said holding onto the red paladin who was not used to this.
"I promise. As long as you and the others are safe. I'll be careful... or at least less reckless." Faith said messing with her hair. "Also Athena, one last thing."
"Promise me that you'll also try to be careful. I know you want to help and keep us all safe, but watching you best yourself up for answers to everyone's problems... hurts. I hate when your upset. I hate when your hurt. I rather come back to your smile or something that's not filled with tears." Faith said as they let go of the hug.
"I promise." Athena said getting up, "I'll let you finish your book now. I bet you wanna finish it already. Besides you need some sleep." She said smiling. Faith waved goodbye and watched her walk away.