Pride pt.3

Kayla looked into the mirror and took a breath. She had spent three hours trying to pick out an outift that she liked. Not to mention she spent another thirty minutes trying to pick out a hair style. Oh, and about twenty minutes on makeup alone. She was constantly panicking while she got ready.

Chase on the otherhand, spent only thirty minutes picking out an outfit. About twenty minutes on her hair, and only ten minutes on makeup. She was very calm just vibing while she got ready.

Kayla finished getting ready and looked at the time. She was about twenty minutes late and raced outside to see Chase waiting. "I'm so sorry!" Kayla said running over to hug her. Chase laughed, "I knew you would be late so I decided to wait for you instead of waiting alone someplace else." Chase said grabbing Kaylas hand.

They walked over to the boardwalk and made their way to the summer carnival. They walked past all the pride flags waving as those in the areas around them that where apart of the community. Once they arrive at the carnival they ran toward the booths, playing as many as they could trying to one up each other. In the end they had a bag of plushies and two giant panda plushies.

After the booths they put the plushies in the car and went back to go on some of the rides. Kayla chickened out for the more extreme types, and Chase being the good girlfriend she is didnt force her to go and stayed by her side. They went on every ride before eating some food.

They had one more ride, the ferris wheel. They stood in line, waiting their turn. Finally sitting down in their booth was the sun was setting behind them. They laughed and talked the whole ride up. Cahse growing more anxious as the ride stopped at the top.

"Are you okay Chase?" Kayla asks placing her hand on her shoulder. "Yeah I'm okay, it's just that there is something I wanna say but im afraid you wont feel the same or you won't agree with me.." Chase said grabbing Kaylas hand looking away. Kayla removed one hand and placed her palm on Chase's cheek. "Just be honest with me Chase, you can trust me," Kayla said smiling. Chase smiled back and took one deep breath.

"Kayla, I love you so much. Your goofy laugh and your dumb pick-up lines. I enjoy every moment we have together no matter how horribly they end up. You've been with me since the start." Chase said looking Kayla dead in the eye. "Do you remeber when we where little and I had a Ring Pop, and I went up to you and asked if you wanted to marry me?" Chase asked. "Of course! I said yes, and we had planned a whole wedding. We also forced everyone to come dressed formally the next day and watch us get married during nap time," Kayla said laughing. Chase started laughing along with her remebering it. "Well, Kayla, I'm going to ask you this one more time...." Chase pulled out a ring from her pocket and got down on one knee.

"Kayla McClain, will you make me the happiest girl in the universe, and marry me? For real this time," Chase said paniking internally. Kayla started tearing up. She nodded and smiled watching Chase slide the ring on. "Yes Chase.... of course! I want to spend my life with you, because I love you to Altea and back." Kayla said kissing Chase.

"I love you McClain," Chase said one more time. "I love you too," Kayla said holding Chase in her one more time, watching the sun fully set as their ride started to decend and reach the ground below them.