9~ Failed Attempts

Chapter-9 :

Task one is to learn about her family, friends, and hometown. Friends' information can be temporarily put on hold! Regarding family and address, I will find it in her resume, which she should have submitted when she joined SPARK! C'mon, Auss, you are a genius, and let's execute the plan right now. I entered the hall and approached the receptionist, Joe, to inquire about employee resumes, to which she informed me that they were all kept in a storeroom. I thanked her and quietly made my way to the room at the back of the hall to avoid drawing attention. When I was about to step in, I heard someone screaming my name. I jerked up and turned around.

"Sir, some of our staff retain their resumes in their own closets inside their cabins." And my face fell apart.

"Some refers to? I mean, like, "

"Like Lydia, ma'am." And my eyes shut in exasperation.

Fuck! I mumbled under my breath.

"Okay. Thanks for the information." I smiled briefly, and when she left, I pressed my forehead in frustration. She is even adamant about keeping their information private. What a person she is!

It's okay, Auss! It's just the start! I comforted myself and made my way to the third floor.

I sneaked into Lydia's cabin, overheard her talking on the intercom, and felt triumphant.

"Yeah, James! I will be there in ten minutes." She left her cabin shortly, while I jogged ahead.

I am going to gain her details at any cost!

After a few minutes of fidgeting with my feet, I wobbled into her cabin, found the glassed wooden long closet, and attempted to open it, but it was locked!

Shit!

I reached her desk, hastily scrambling over the drawers in search of the key, and failed miserably!

This hothead is giving me a tough time!

I began to search hurriedly throughout the cabin when I heard the screaking noise of the door, and I drew back in anxiety, sweating profusely, cursing inside, but not having decided to turn around!

"Who is it?" The voice startled me.

It was a male voice! Woah! Luck does exist!

I turned around to witness a suspicious Luke. "Oh, man! You scared the hell out of me!" I snorted out in relief.

"Why are you here?" He asked in disbelief.

"Actually, it is a long story; we can talk about it in the canteen, but I need a favour right now, can you?" I expected him to help me.

"What?"

"I am looking for Lydia's resume. Can you make it up to me?" I asked in hope.

"That is not possible; I will never be able to do it. "No one can ever touch her things!" He surrendered, raising his hands in the air.

"But you can at least..."

"No! I am sorry, I can't!" He shoved me into despair.