3- You Would Hate Me

Nico's POV:

How does she know them she literally just got here! Maybe it's just a coincidence. Maybe she studies Greek Mythology or something. I trust her I just don't think she's telling me everything about herself. After a few minutes of silence, Chiron spoke, "Well Tefita, since the Hermes cabin is too full you can stay in a cabin with Nico." I almost fell off of my chair. It's not that I don't want her there it's just I'm not too good with people. "Okay." she replied with a light blush on her face. We said goodbye and I showed her the way to my cabin. 

"Since you might be claimed tonight at the campfire you might not want to completely unpack" I explained. She mumbled something under her breath but I just ignored it. She sat on a bed near the window and just sat there in silence. I didn't know what to say so I just lied on my bed and waited.

Tefita's POV:

I sat down on a bed once we entered his cabin. It was right next to the window so I could see outside. That's where things started to go wrong. As I was looking out the window I saw something. It was him. I jumped out of the bed and ran outside into the woods. I could hear Nico yelling at me to come back but I had to keep going. Soon I was in the middle of the woods and the voices from my mother began to enter my head.

You betrayed him!

"No! I didn't I tried to save him!"

It's all your fault!

" No! Please!" I screamed almost crying.

Tefita you promised me. You said  you wouldn't let her hurt me!

It was him speaking now but I could tell she was controlling him. Now I was crying

"Milo! PLEASE! I'll save you. I'll find you again!"

Then I saw him. He was right there. He only said one word,

Help.

I stood there and watched my mother appear beside him and then they both disappeared.

Nico's POV:

It was silent for a few minutes when suddenly she jumped out of her bed and ran towards the woods. "Tefita come back!" I screamed. But she kept on running. I ran after her. I stopped so she wouldn't see me. She was screaming like she was responding to something I couldn't hear. She started crying as she walked up to someone but I couldn't see who or what it was. She fell to her knees and I ran and bent down next to her. "What was that? Are you okay? Who were you talking to?" She quickly got up and said in a cheerful voice, "Oh it was nothing. I thought I saw something but I guess not." I knew that wasn't true. I could see the sadness in her eyes. How broken is she? What has she been through? What was she hiding. I realized I was staring and I did something incredibly stupid. I put my hand on the side of her face and said, "I won't push you but whenever you are ready, you can tell me." By the time I pulled away we both were as red as tomatoes. "Okay. But you aren't going to like me once you know the truth. Let's just go back to your cabin." And with that, she walked away. I was about to ask what she meant but I decided not to.

As we were walking back, I decided that I would introduce her to The Seven, Reyna, Thalia, the Stolls, and Will. I wasn't too excited about talking to Will ever since he broke up with me. (A/N: I'm so sorry!) It took me a while but I got over it. It still hurt that he left because of me. It's times like these I wish Bianca were here. Tefita seemed to calm down so she decided to talk. "Hey guys. I want you to meet someone." After she got introduced to everyone Percy said, "See you guys at dinner!" and they all walked away. Except for two people. Will and Leo. "It was nice to meet you Tefita! I hope you like it here and if you need anything just stop by the infirmary!" Will said. I guess I rolled my eyes or something because he said, "I'm just being nice di Angelo. You don't need to be like that." I just rolled my eyes again and said, "Whatever." After Will left Leo walked up. He was probably going to start flirting with her. Ever since Calypso left him he hasn't been the same. "Hello! My name is Leo McShizzle Bad Boy Supreme Valdez!" He swung his arm over her shoulder and for like the tenth time today, I rolled my eyes. Tefita laughed at him and he smile. I couldn't help but feel a little bit jealous. 

Tefita's POV:

I couldn't tell Nico. I didn't want to lose him. As a friend! Jeez. What was I supposed to say? Oh yeah! My mother is Gaea!  You know the one who tried to kill you and your camp!  I don't think he would like me after that. I knew he could tell I was lying. I did feel bad. But, I'm afraid everyone will be finding out who I am very soon. Nico decided to introduce me to his friends: a group he referred to as The Seven, a girl named Thalia who had electric blue eyes and punk styled clothes, Reyna, the Stoll brothers, Connor and Travis, and I guy named Will. Nico didn't seem to happy about seeing Will. I wonder why. 

Once everyone left Will came and told me if I needed anything, I could find him in the infirmary. Nico didn't seem impressed so he just rolled his eyes. Next a little Latino elf walked up to me. His name was Leo Valdez. He was kinda cute but not as cute as Nico. Wait! Did I just say that out loud! Ugh. Anyway, he swung his arm around my shoulder and started walking. I swear I heard Nico growl at Leo. I ignored it and told Leo it was nice to meet him and I walked back to Nico. 

---------------------------------------------------Nobody's POV--------------------------------------------------

The conch horn blew signaling that it was time for dinner. Nico led Tefita to The Dining Pavilion and told her about the sacrifices and that there was going to be a campfire afterwards. When it was Tefita's turn to sacrifice her food she quietly said, "Hey Zeus. Umm, please let this all work out. I don't want something bad to happen." She walked to the Hades across from Nico. After a minute of silence Nico broke the silence, "Why would I hate you?" Tefita stared at him before saying, "What do you mean?" "I think you know what I mean," he said calmly. "Nobody is going to like me when they find out. Why should you be any different? You don't understand." she said carefully. "Why don't we talk after the campfire Tefita? Okay?" She slightly nodded and left the table to go think. Little did she know that Nico quietly followed.

Tefita's POV:

I made my way to the strawberry fields to think. I sat down and stared at the beautiful red berries all around me. I then quietly started to talk to myself. "Wow. It was not a good idea to let Zeus send me down here on a lightning bolt. It ruined the field." I began thinking. What if it's not as bad as I'm expecting. Maybe he won't hate me. "Of course he'll hate me! They all will!" I said out loud. "I hope no one heard that." It was almost time for the campfire so I decided to go find Nico.

Nico's POV:

I followed her to see if I could figure out more than what she was telling me. No it's not creepy. I'm just being observant. Anyway, I stayed in the shadows so she wouldn't see me. She started talking to herself but I only payed attention to one part. "To let Zeus send me down her on a lightning bolt." Zeus? He sent her. For some reason, I don't think that's what she meant. She stayed silent for a while until she shouted, "Of course he'll hate me! They all will!" She must really be worried about whatever she's hiding. She started to get up so I dissapeared into the shadows and appeared back in my cabin. Good timing too. Just as I landed on my bed she walked in. "Hey Nico. Are you ready to go?" "Yeah sure."

________________________________________________________________________________
A/N:

Wow that was a long chapter. Wat do you guys think so far? I hope ya'll like it!

Onto the next chapter! Bye!

- LaterSatyr18   🖤