The Kidnapping

Present time~

Barry's POV~

It's been one day since Iris called off the engagement, and I've never felt more free towards my own decisions. I felt like I could do anything; it was like a burden that was weighing me down was just lifted off my shoulders. Today, Captain Singh called me in CCPD to work on an investigation; so Joe and I went to the crime scene which was at a jewelry store. Once we arrived there were tarps and police tape laid out on the investigated area. I decided to go look at one of the corpses lying right next to the window; I bent down to get a closer look. The body didn't look shot at all; it looked disintegrated throughout the whole body. "Joe, this wasn't a shooting; it was a meta," I whispered next to Joe as I got up from kneeling down."Alright, I'll tell Captain." Joe said with a nod

"Okay," I said still keeping my focus on the corpse

I suddenly heard my phone start to go off in the crime scene; "Allen, phone off now we have business to discuss." Captain Singh told demandingly "Okay," I said still keeping my focus on the corpse laying next to me.

I shut off my phone not even seeing who had called me; I couldn't risk getting more in trouble by Singh. A few minutes went by working in the crime scene; I decided to take some of the corpse's ashes to get it analyzed at STAR Labs. Then suddenly I got another call from my phone, but since it was my break surely Singh wouldn't mind if I took the phone call right? So, I answered the phone call from Cisco; "Hey Cisco what's up?" I said with a smile on my face. Once I heard what Cisco had to say on the phone; my whole body stopped working. I immediately dropped my phone on the concrete as Cisco was telling me what was going on; time stood still once I heard the news that... CAITLIN WAS KIDNAPPED!

 CAITLIN WAS KIDNAPPED!

3rd person POV~

Barry sprinted to STAR Labs without a second thought in the world; he ran with determination in his eyes. Back at the crime scene,"Allen? Where is Allen?" Captain Singh loudly and turned to a random employee "Where is he?" Captain Singh said frustrated while the random employee was walking away out of fear from Captain Singh.

As lightning trailed behind him as Barry arrived at STAR Labs; looking very uneasy towards the whole situation. "Cisco, where happened?" Barry said stressed out

"I don't know, man she didn't show up to work on time today; which I thought was odd but didn't think much about it until... I got this message." Cisco said looking worried

Cisco turns on the monitor to show the video message that was sent earlier today; it shows a room not lit with light it was just pitch-black. Throughout the video you see a faint girl chained up with marks, bruises, and cuts all over her body. A figure of a body comes onto the screen of the video; "Hello, friends" he began "I see you noticed that one of your Team Flash members is not with you at the moment." he took a pause; pulling Caitlin towards the front of the screen. You can see all of the blood all over her face, tears streaming down her face, and she tries to scream for help. But the figured man knocks Caitlin unconscious so she can't fight back; "Now, Flash if you ever want to see her again you will do as I say." The cloaked man began to say, "You will hand over your speed to me!" he demanded, "If not, then your friend will forever live in Hell!" He stated with an evil smirk forming across his face and stopping the recorded video.