Start of something new

Hey everyone, 

Guess who's back?!? I'm finally done with school, so I can focus back on my writing! I'm busy working on a new book, but still have a lot of work to do. So until then, I'm releasing some one shots I wrote during finals! They're not the best, but it will do. 

I tried to make a one shot based on every song from the first High School Musical Movie! 

First up: Start of something new!

! Important !: Nini and Ricky don't know each other, in fact Nini doesn't know anyone because she's the new girl. 

Hope you like it! 

Hugs and kisses! 

Nini's POV

Hi, my name is Nina. I'm a junior but I've been homeschooled for as long as I can remember. Since my mom got a new job, she thought it would be better for me to attend public school. I can't deny that I'm freaking out about the fact that I'm going to a real school, with people who have known each other for years and I'm coming in as a newbie. I'm literally a newbie to school.

So when I woke up this morning I stood in front of the mirror for what seems as hours, deciding what to wear to my first day of school. I decided to wear a floral skirt with a white top and braid my hair half way down, letting the rest of my hair down in curls. I don't really put on any make up, because I feel fake wearing the stuff. And not to brag, but I don't really think I need it.

When I finally declared myself ready for school, I went downstairs, took an apple for on the way and started my first walk to school. My moms both had very important jobs that they had to attend early today, so they aren't home when I leave. A bummer, I could really use some soothing words right now, as I'm literally freaking out.

And here I am, standing in front of this huge building, known as East High. I hesitantly walk inside to see this huge hallway. It looks exactly like I imagined a high school looks like. The hallway is full of students, happy to see each other again after 2 months of summerbreak.

But still, here I am, alone, scared as hell, like a regular newbie, already lost in the crowd.

No seriously, I have no idea where to go now. I'm guessing I have to find the student secretary, but I have no clue where to find that.

I assume the only option is to ask someone. I look around and search for some friendly faces I could ask my question. I spot 2 boys near the lockers; one redheaded and one with messy curls. I guess I can try asking them. I slowly walk up to them and tap the shoulder of the boy with the curly hair. He turns around and a smile appears when he sees me.

"Uhm, I was wondering if you could tell me where the student secretary is?" I ask quietly.

"Sure, you just go up the stairs and it's the second door on your right", he asks.

"Thank you so much", I smile. He is very nice. I hope I see him again today.

I go up the stairs, walk through the hall and stop at the second door on my right, reading the words, written on the door 'Student secretary'. Here it is.

I slowly open the door and head inside. Some grumpy women is behind the desk, but she doesn't look up when I enter the room. I clear my throat, letting her know that I'm here. She slowly looks up to me.

"Can I help you?", she says, looking annoyed.

Wow, I hope not all teachers are like this at East High.