Stick to the status quo - part 2

The rest of the day went by pretty fast, I see Nini sometimes in the hall and I often throw her a quick smile, when the others aren't looking.

When the bell rings, I quickly take all my stuff and run outside, only to be stopped by EJ.

"Have fun tonight, buddy" he smirks.

Funny that he thinks something is actually going to happen. I'm just really excited to see Nini again.

We just met but I think I already like her. The butterflies in my stomach when we kissed confirmed that. I see her waiting outside and I run towards her, take her hand and drag her with me.

"Ricky, please. Not so fast.", I hear her say. I slow down but don't let go of her hand.

"Why are you in such a hurry.", she asks.

"My mom isn't home for another hour, we have to make it home before she does.", I say.

"You're making it sound like something is going to happen. I hope you don't think I'm going to hook up with you right?" she says.

"No, of course not. I know that. My mom just isn't the easiest, she's not so fond of people of the underpart of the City, I guess." I reply.

"Ow, isn't it better that I just go home then? I don't want to get you in trouble." She says

"No, I want to hang out with you. I want to get to know you, I think you're pretty cool", I say.

"Well, not that it matters, but I think you're pretty cool too", she smiles. Here are the butterflies again. How can someone like someone after knowing them for literally one day? This is bad.

We walk together to my house and immediately go up to my room where she stands shocked in my doorway while I jump on the bed.

"This is huge, probably just as big as my whole house." She says.

"I don't really like it that much. It's too big for me, but my mom insists that a boy needs his space." He sighs. I chuckle.

We end up watching a movie after talking for what seemed like hours. She and I were laying on the bed and I told her to get comfortable so she put her head in the crook of my neck and God, did that feel good...

It was the best evening of my life, until my mom stormed in to tell me dinner was ready. The minute she saw Nini she tripped. She started shouting and chasing Nini away like she was some sort of bug or something.

"Mom stop!" I yell.

"Richard Bowen! I thought I raised you better than this" she says while tightly holding Nini's arm, who looks terrified and has tears in her eyes.

"Mom, let her go! She has done nothing wrong. It was my idea to come here." I say.

"She should know her place and it definitely isn't here." she walks out with Nini and sends her away before slamming the door in her face.

I immediately text her an apology.

'I'm so sorry about my mom. You know I don't care about the fact that you're from the underpart. I really want you to be my friend. I loved hanging out with you. You're different, in a really good way. Please tell me this isn't the end of Ricky and Nini...'

It wasn't long before I get a text back.

'Your mom is right though, I have to learn where my place is and stick with the status quo. I did really like hanging out with you, you're a really nice guy. I don't want this to be the end of Ricky and Nini, I guess we have to be a little more careful from now on.'

I feel relieved. I'm glad she still wants to hang out with me.

I take my skateboard, tell my mom I'm going out for a bit and make my way over to the underpart of the city, until I arrive at Nini's house.

I gently knock on the door and a nice looking women opens the door.

"I'm sorry, is this Nini's house? I would like to talk to her.", I ask kindly. She nods and smiles at me. She disappears and I hear her call Nini.

A few seconds later I see Nini coming down the stairs with a shocked face.

"Ricky, what are you doing here?" she asks.

"Nini..." I say

"Ricky, does your mom knows you're here?", she asks.

I skake my head. "Screw my mom. Nini, I know we only met today but I can't get you out of my head." I say

"Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one", she replies chuckling.

"Nini, can I kiss you right now?" I ask quietly.

"Ricky, the status quo?" she replies.

"Oh screw the status quo", I breath. I pull her closer and put one hand on her cheek and close the gap between us.

Hope you liked it! 

Hugs and kisses