When there was me and you

! Important ! : takes place after the flashback in 1x01, where Nini told Ricky she loves him

Sh*t, what did I just do? I just walked out on my girlfriend. I just walked out when she told me she loved me.

She had written this beautiful song for me to tell me the big L-word. And I was a dumbass for not being able to say it back.

I just did the thing I promises I'd never do, I broke her heart.

Nini and I have known each other for forever. We met in kindergarten, been best friends ever since and started dating last year, after denying our feeling for each other for so long. And I guess I can put 'broke up today' in the list of things we've done.

I mean, come on. There isn't something as a break in a relationship. No one does that. I'm sure this is over. I'm sure we are over now.

F*ck, what did I just do? I just screwed up everything. I've never been happier than the times I was with Nini. She just got me, you know?

When my parents were fighting, Nini was there to comfort me, because she know how upset it all made me. She always made sure I was okay.

It was just hearing those words come out of her mouth, kinda triggered me. I don't know why but I was really startled when she said that. I hadn't heard those words in so long.

In fact I don't think I've ever heard those words out loud, at least not in that meaning.

My parents never said that they loved each other and I know why. The only thing leaving their mouths are things like 'I wish I never met you' or 'How did I ever get married to you?'.

So her saying those words, just made my brain freeze or something. And then I said some really stupid things and now I'm here. Sitting at her front porch, with my skateboard next to me, knowing that she's in her room crying because of me. And there's nothing I can do to stop it, because I was an idiot and I left her.

But the thing is, I know I love her too. I just can't say it out loud, because I'm scared that as soon as I say it, everything will change. Because I know for a fact that my mom and dad used to say that to each other too and look how their relationship ended up.

I don't want that for Nini and I. Well, I guess now it is like that for Nini and I, and that's all my fault.

But maybe there's still a chance she'll wait for me and we can all pick it up where we left things right now. Maybe junior year will be our year. Let's hope so.

I wipe the tears that are streaming down my cheeks with the sleeves of my hoodie and start my walk home.

I have to be positive and remember the times when there was me and her and wish that those days return.

Hope you liked it! It's not one of my best one shots, I know and I'm sorry

Hugs and kisses