What I've been looking for

! Important ! : Nini's is dating EJ in this one shot, Ricky and Nini are just best friends. 

He did it again, I walked into the hallway of East High and I saw it again. His tongue down some other girls throath, again. I don't know why he keeps doing it to me or why I keep forgiving him.

I think I just wanna hold on to the fact that a guy liked me, as toxic as it has become.

I know our relationship isn't healthy at all, but I don't know what to do. I don't even know if you can call it a relationship. I'm starting to think I'm just one of his whores. Maybe that's all I'll ever be? One of the whores of EJ Caswell?

I want to be more than that.

It's been decided, I'm breaking it off.

I get out of the bathroom where I had been hiding for the past few hours, to scared to face EJ or Kourtney, or even worse Ricky. I see him standing next to his locker and I walk up to him.

"Hey babe" he says. He puts his hands on my waist and pulls me closer to give me a kiss, but I turn around. "What's wrong?"

"I can't do this anymore, EJ", I say. "I don't want to be one of your whores"

"What are you trying to say, Nina?", he says. I shiver, by hearing him call me Nina. I've never been called Nina since kindergarten, except when I'm in trouble. That name makes me feel so uncomfortable.

"We're done, EJ. You can find yourself a new whore", I say.

"Is that all?", he says. I nod slightly, but I don't think he saw it because he walked away right away, straight to the cheerleaders. I saw how he puts his hands on the waist of some blonde girl and pulls her closer before slamming his lips on hers.

We aren't even broken up for a proper minute and his tongue is already down some girls throat again. How can he be so unaffected by this?

Didn't I mean anything to him?

I walk away, not looking back and trying my hardest to fight the tears.

On my way to class, I bump into Ricky, my best friend since kindergarten. I know it's him because I recognise his shoes, he always wears Vans. He says it's to upgrade his skater image.

I don't dare to look up, because I know he will know in a second something happened. The thing about Ricky and I, we can read each other like books. One look at each other and we know what's going on in each other's heads.

So no, I'm not letting him in on my drama this time. I don't want him to worry.

"Hey there, Neens. Are you in a hurry or something? It's just chemistry?" he says and he walks inside

Sh*t, he's right. We have Chemistry. Together. We sit next to each other. There is no way I can hide that something's bothering me for the whole period.

I take a deep breath and follow him inside. I wanted nothing more than to sit in some random seat, anywhere other than next to Ricky, but I know it would make it so much more suspicious. We sit every class together, every day at the same desk.

I slowly make my way to the seat next to Ricky. He smiles at me and I just smile back.

I try to avoid Ricky the rest of the day as much as possible, because before I tell Ricky about my break up with EJ, I want to talk to Kourtney. She will help me and will know what to do now.

The bell of the last period rings and I went straight to my locker, waiting for Kourtney.

"Hey Nini", I hear someone say. I recognise that voice immediately. I turn around with a smile and see Ricky standing before me with a matching smile.