CH 21 || Turn The Tide

Dhruv

******

I laid Saavi down on my bed and kissed her gently on her forehead. I stayed with her for a while caressing her cheeks. She would have gotten up but the effect of injection didn't let her to.

I kept the small bag in my cupboard which had probably two or three clothes in it. I needed to arrange a lot of things for her.

I went to my living room and the first thing I did was called Niharika. She picked up after two rings and as expected sound worried, "Hello, Dhruv? Where are you? Did you forget today's meeting? Mrs. Lizzie will...."

I intervened in mid to calm her down. "Niharika, calm down first. I need to tell you something very important and also I needed your help."

"What is it?"

"I will be on leave for a week. Tell Mr. Richard and Ms. Lily to handle the meetings and postpone those that require my presence."

"Are you going somewhere?" She was surprised and was curious too but I didn't want to tell her the truth yet.

"Yeah, kind of."

"Thank God. Finally, you are taking leave, and don't worry about the meetings we will handle them."

"Thanks."

"No worries, Mr. CEO. Anything else?"

"No. Bye."

"Bye," she said and hung up the call.

I opened my laptop and instantly ordered some comfortable clothes for my muffin. I was not in favour of letting her wear the clothes she was wearing for long. She didn't even look comfortable in it. After placing an order of around a hundred sets of clothes, I called a real estate agent.

"Hello, Mr. Johnson."

"Mr. Kapoor. What a pleasant surprise! You need any new house or any mansion?"

"The penthouses you were talking about earlier, are they still up for sale?"

"The ones in the exterior of the town?"

"Yes."

"Five of them are already sold and only two are left." I was just hoping that the one I wanted to be still available.

"Which ones?"

"The one on the third floor," he mentioned and that was the one I didn't like at all. Also, I needed to think about Saavi's comfort first and I knew she would never be fine there.

"The one in the building next to it on the fifth floor is available too but I received requests for it today morning." It was the one I wanted and in no way, I was going to let it go from my hand.

"I will pay you triple the price and the money will be transferred to your account ten minutes after the call."

"It's all yours then. I will send the papers and the keys to your office." The deal was done. I was glad I called him on time.

"No, just send your staff to my house with the documents and the keys. I will send you the address."

"Ok. No problem."

Her safety was my utmost priority then and also, I had to maintain a low-key profile for time being, away from media and all. I called my security chief Andrew and told him to arrange a team which would be available 24*7 and asked him to spread the news of me going to Russia for an important meeting for a week. It was necessary to keep everyone in the dark for the time being.