CH 37 || Confidential Plan

Dhruv

******

"Muffin, are you fine?" I didn't receive any reply from her even when I asked the same question for the third time. Muffin was getting ready while I was impatiently waiting for her. I was getting worried with every passing moment.

"Muffin, if you don't come out in five seconds I will barge in." Pacing around in my room I started counting loudly,

"1,2,3,...."

I didn't have finished counting as the door of the closet opened and my mouth left hung open at the sight in front of me.

'Close your mouth, if you don't want to eat flies.' said my inner self but my focus was on her only.

'How could someone look this good that too in formals?' I wondered. I saw her fidgeting with her fingers while she stood in one place.

"Dhruv," she called but I was too smitten by the beauty in front of me that didn't reply to her. But after a few minutes, I saw tears brimming into her eyes ready to fall anytime soon and she went inside the walk-in closet.

And that's how I come out of my dreamland. Realizing the blunder I did, I followed her permission and saw she had already removed her blazer. Her inferiority complex had taken over her and no response from me only added fuel to the fire.

"Muffin," I called her softly but heard her sniffing.

'Well, great Mr. Dhruv Kapoor. You should be awarded for making your love cry again and again.' My inner self reprimanded me.

I pulled her towards me in my embrace and caressed her hair.

"I am sorry. I was just too stunned that couldn't reply. Do you have any idea how beautiful you are looking right now?"

She shook her head on my chest making me chuckle.

"I can't even explain in words. You are looking really very pretty. You get that?" and she nodded on my chest.

Pulling back I wiped that single tear that had escaped her beautiful eyes and kissed her forehead. I made her wear the blazer she had removed and both of us went out of the house. As I took her to my car she looked at that beauty in astonishment.

"Come," I said holding the door of the passenger seat of the car for her. After we both settled inside the car I put her seat belt on and drove towards our destination.

As I was driving I found her shaking and fiddling with her fingers. I stopped the car aside and after opening both of our seat belts instantly, pulled her to my lap. She squealed but I knew how to calm her.

"Dhruv, what...." Placing her head on my chest over my heart I said, "Ssshhh. Let's just stay like this for a while."

The preceding night in sleep she had scooted closer to me and had mumbled "My peace."

I was filled with pride when I heard that. So now I was trying to make her serene. Intertwining our hands I kissed her knuckles and said, "You don't have to worry. Don't think about anything. Your Dhruv is going to be with you. We will be fine, love."

After making sure that she has calmed down I drove to the office.

When I reached the office I saw Andrew there and asked him to divert the attention of the media. I didn't want muffin to be exposed at least not then.

I got out and opened the car door for her. Extending my hand I gave her a reassuring smile. Holding my hand she got out and we went inside. Saavi was holding me tightly and I was sure the curious glances and the whisperings of my employees would not be easy to take care of.