CH 87 || Puppet Of The Devil

Saavi

******

Dhruv had slept but my sleep was not on my radar. I tried to but couldn't as my mind was filled with numerous thoughts and the jetlag worked as the icing on the cake. I laid down thinking about my life, my journey from a naive kid to a girl who became mindful of the deepest, darkest secrets of the dark world.

I was someone who previously didn't know the exact meaning of love but now I knew the deepest meaning of it, I had felt it, lived it with the person whose love for me was unconditional.

I was unaware of what a family was until Dhruv stepped into my life. With him came my life's greatest surprises, blissful days, friends who tease me, love me, play with me, and family who treats me as their own.

Dhruv seemed tired so without waking him up I got out of the bed and went in the balcony to stay there for a while. I was left startled when I was back hugged by non-other than my husband dearest, five minutes after I went to the balcony.

"You are awake?" I asked turning around in his hold.

"Hmmm. My sleep broke." He said burying his head in the crook of my neck.

"You should sleep. You seem exhausted." I said caressing his hair.

"So do you. Let's go." Dhruv tried to take me inside but I denied.

"No Dhruv. I am not able to sleep."

"Why? Is something bothering you?"

"The jetlag," I told him the half-truth.

"And...."

"I am just a little worried."

"Worried about?"

"Tomorrow."

Dhruv held my hand and despite my protests took me inside of the room. As he settled me on the bed, laid down beside me with his head on his palm supporting his elbow on the bed.

"Tell me one thing, will getting worried or taking stress over something you don't know about will make things favourable for you?"

"No," I replied.

"Will it help you anyhow?"

"No."

"Then don't think about it. Jetlag is a scientific fact, you can't do anything about it but your worries can be stopped. I know what you are dealing with and going through but trying not to think about it won't hurt, right?"

"Hmmm."

"If you ever get stuck like this, don't disrupt your sleep which your body needs, instead, listen to some soothing songs. It always helps." Dhruv caressed my cheeks making me smile at his advice and his gesture.

"Sing a song for me, then," I said smiling turning towards his side and scooting closer to him.

"Me?" he asked pointing his finger towards him.

"Of course, who else sings lovely, soothing songs that will make everyone's heart serene and can send anyone to a world of magic, a world filled with love."

"Ok, ok, you don't have to butter me this much." he pulled my cheeks but I frowned listening to him.

"It was genuine."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Well then, thank You, sweetheart." Dhruv left a loving kiss on my forehead.