𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

╔═══════ ═══════╗

hey loves, i'm losing some interest in this book but it's the same with all my books. i love writing and even though summer is starting all the stuff happening is just mind blowing and pulls my attention away for good reason. please stay safe out there, and happy pride month!

also, i've decided on a name for baby lion! he'll come back next chapter.

╚═══════ ═══════╝

i sat down with a sigh, my eyes looking down at my lap where my hands were cross over each other. soon, they reached for my bag on the table, opening the satchel - like top and pulling out my notebook. i blew on the cover, seeing it in light dust. i reached for a pen in the front, and it took me a while to start the ink flow.

it's been so long since i've used these things. they felt foreign to me, but i had to push past it and get to what i was here for. i sat up straight, crossing one leg over the other as i flipped open to a new page and began writing down the usual format i used during smooth and quick sessions.

"alright, let's begin. first, what's your name?" i asked, watching the bored looking male across from me. he gave me a look that said 'are you dumb'. i returned it with an 'i'm serious, better hurry up so we can get this done'. he groaned, "steven universe."

i nodded and wrote it down. "how are you feeling today?" he gave me a blank stare and i nodded, giving him a thumbs up. "in the mood to destroy a couple of planets, gotcha." he huffed, sounding annoyed. i looked at him, squinting my eyes slightly.

"hey, you're the one who wanted to do this single session, so at least act like you're into it so i can write down my information and we can leave." i spoke, watching his body slump even more.  "whatever."

i took in a deep breath, trying to collect myself and push through this. it wasn't going good, and we've only just started. "alright, please just answer the next questions the best you can and then we'll start with the next portion of the session."

as i asked, he did. surprisingly, he answered the questions - though he still seemed out of it and uninterested in all ways. i got what i needed though, the paper of notes showed it.

"hm, lets try talking about certain things. i'll give you a topic i believe you'll talk truthfully about. it'll be experimental to see how i should approach certain topics and situations with you in the future."

i fell back onto the couch with an oof, hearing my pen and board clatter against the floor. my hands reached up and picked off the pillow that laid on my face, placing it down next to me. i looked around, seeing steven walking to the door.

"h - hey! where are you going?" i asked, getting up and picking up my things from the floor. i placed them onto the table, quickly following after the boy. "we aren't finished - " i reached out for him, only to be dodged and come face to face with the door.

"i'm wasting my time. as i said, we can just tell the other hard headed people in charge that we did well." he scoffed. i shook my head. "we can't do that! i need to turn this stuff into them, to show we actually did it. they'll be pleased, so stop acting so stuck up and selfish and just finish this with me!"

he was silent, and i could clearly tell he didn't like that i talked back. it was needed, he needs to learn even if he's pink diamonds son. even if he holds as much power as he does, it's no excuse. he chuckled, the tone dark and spine shaking.

he stared at me, the tips of his hair turning the lightest shade of pink from their regular dark color. i was about to say something when he grabbed my arm and yanked me off the wall. i hissed at the force and grip, which only tightened.

"you have some nerve!" he yelled at me. i hated this position i was in. "speaking to me that way, who do you think you are!" "you're a pampered little boy, you act like you run the universe when you don't! that lastname has no power, it's just your position that allows you to do as much as you do. you need to learn to quit that bull and take other peoples feelings into consideration!"

with gritted teeth, steven threw me at the ground and watched me rush to my feet. i looked at him, backing up as he started towards me again. he reached out, his hand growing closer and closer until i snapped. "stay away from me!" i screamed, pushing my hand out.

the sound of skin contact pierced through the air, the burning on my hand as it returned to my side caused my eyes to widen.

this was bad, honestly. the idea and the fact i had the nerve to even go ahead with it made me rethink everything. he was mad, beyond that actually, it was clear as day from the way his fists clenched and unclenched and how his eyes watched my now trembling figure.

this was not how i thought this session would go. of course, with him, everything is a surprise and a turn for the worst if he doesn't get his way.

a print on his cheek in the shape of my hand burned red, only reminding me of my actions only moments ago. i was screwed, we both knew it deep down. "i - i... i didnt..." i tried to make up some excuse, but to no avail all the words that left my mouth were mumbled and mostly incoherent.

plus, i knew that even if what i did wasn't going to turn out well for me, i wouldn't regret it. not one bit, he had it coming the moment he tried to lay his hands on me. "filthy little thing, thinking you'd get away with that right?" his words, tainted with venom, sounded mocking. "well, you were wrong."

he didn't push for me like i thought he was going to this time. he walked over to my paper covered board instead and snapped it in half. he bubbled the remains, sending it off with the flick of his wrist. he looked at me from across the room, a smirk on his lips.

"i wasn't here today, say i didn't show up. we'll redo this session," he said the word with mocking playfulness lacing it. "and after that one, we'll have some more. i'll let the other diamonds know personally that i chose this. you'll be fun to play around with, pet."

i cringed at the word, but i was still frozen in my spot. steven walked out the room without another word, his fully pink hair didn't seem like it was going to leave anytime soon. i felt bad for the next gem he was going to come into contact with next.

my legs finally gave in. i fell to the floor and just rested there on my numbed knees. i was breathless, my heart was pounding so much it echoed through my ears and i felt it throughout my body. maybe.. maybe i should rest for the next few days.