the chase

•••••••••••••••••••

Lennon Clark was anything but an enigma to her fellow pogues, and that's why when she unraveled herself out of JJ's arms and went up to save John B from falling off the roof, nobody stopped or questioned her.

"Johnny, I swear to fucking Thor-," she started rambling but was cut off when Pope commented,
"That's what? A three story fall to the deck? I give you about a one in three chance of survival," causing Lennon to groan dramatically and throw her hands up at the boy with the drill,
"Don't egg 'em on Pope."
"Hmm, should I do it?," John B. said putting his finger in the air to test the wind.

By now, Lennon had made it to stand on the ledge next to him and as she began to protest John B grabbed her by her waist making her giggle, causing JJ to clench his jaw a look up at the duo.

"Yeah you should jump, I'll shoot you on the way down," Pope said holding the drill as if it were a gun.
"You're gonna shoot me? You can't just shoot me and my sister like that"
"Yep. Pew!" Pope making finger guns at Lennon and John B.

"There gonna have Japanese toilet seats with towel warmers," Kie complained walking out from the construction home, earning a few choruses of agreement.

"This used to be a turtle habitat but who cares about the turtles, I guess." Kiara was always the environmentalist of the group as she should be.

"I care about the turtles, Kie" Lennon laughed from atop of the roof with John's hand still on her waist as he made some stupid joke about VSCO girls.
"I can't have cold towels," JJ remarked.
"Can you please not kill yourself, Len," Kie said finally looking up at the pair.

"Don't spill that beer or drop my girl" JJ was cut off by John B doing the exact opposite of what he was asked, per usual.

"Whoa oh-shit" John B grabbed Lennon's hand and pulled her back has he tried to steady himself again and in the mix of it all dropped the beer JJ had given him.

Earning a "Of course, you did, right when I told you not to" "Smooth" "A plus" "Dumbass".

"John B stop seriously, before you get hurt" Lennon asked trying to pull him from the ledge.

"Anything for you Lemon" John B replied using his favorite nickname for her since they were kids and JB couldn't pronounce his n's.
"You know I hate that name" "Yeah, I do that's why I call you it when you're doing something I hate, like mothering me" "You better be glad I mother your bitchass"

The sibling like pair's bantering was cut off when a loud "HEY" was heard.

Just as Pope noted, "Hey, uh security's here"
Followed by JJ's ""Come on, Humpty Dumpty"
"Let's wrap it up, where you at baby girl," and as soon as he said that Lennon was sliding down the roof, standing right next to JJ, who tickled her sides in adrenaline.

"Gary is that you?"
"Hey you're here early today, man what if I was indecent," Lennon joked.
"Gary, good to see you, man"
"Is it time"
"Yeah, now you're just asking for it"
Followed by Gary shouting, "JJ! CLARKKK!"

Lennon grabbed JJ's handed, ignoring the warm feeling she got and started running through the scaffolding yelling and screaming like the rest of her pogues. It was times like this that truly made her feel alive and in the moment, when she was surrounded by the people she loved and cared for. JJ let go of her hand and noted how much colder he felt as he ran right into one of the guards who trapped him in a hug.
"Not much of a hugger, plus I got a girl back home, man" and quickly turned back around to grab Lennon's waist and run the other way. He then threw her over the fence to Pope, who caught her with his award winning smile. Her and Pope then started to run like no other to their getaway van, the Twinkie, laughing the whole time. Lennon rolled into the van with Pope on her tail as the duo hugged and caught their breath laughing and hollering. JJ followed right after. The whole crew laughed as Gary tried to catch up with them and made fun of the poor man. JJ tried throwing a beer can at him which cause Lennon to pull him in the van and rest her head on his shoulder and muttered something about showing respect but laughing halfway through.