An Offer

Next Day

Hana's POV

It's was a given that I would wake up around lunch time, but I say it was worth it. I raised from my bed and rubbed my sleepy eyes. My hair was messy, my room was not tidy and my clothes were scattered around the floor. "I really need to clean up my room" I thought to myself as I brought my knees up to my chin and wrapped both arms around them. But first I need to eat, I'm getting really hungry. I sleepy walk into the kitchen to fix me some lunch. I'm too lazy to cook so I just microwave some mac and cheese. Yeah it doesn't look presentable, but I'm in a desperate need for food that I'll eat anything now. When my mac and cheese was finished, I set it on my dining table and began engulfing it.

While I was enjoying every single bite I took, I was scrolling through my Instagram feed, checking out any new post or story updates. Nothing new and exciting was to be viewed, except for (Y/N)'s new Instagram story. It was posted 34 minutes ago and it said "first time having brunch!" (Y/N) was eating some steak with cilantro butter and the dish looked like he was eating at a five star restaurant, cooked by a famous culinary chef. I instantly dropped down my fork and used both hands to rapidly replied to his story with "OMG! that looks so good, where can I get that?!?😍🤣" and a few seconds later he responds with "I cooked it myself silly!" I read it carefully and thought to myself. I didn't know (Y/N) took culinary class. The next thing I wrote was "I didn't know u took culinary arts?" And he replied with "sort of" followed with "my mom is a profession culinary chef, so I learned it from her lol". My brain struggled to put sentence together so I replied with "WHAT!?!? YOU NEVER TOLD ME THIS!!!" This time it took him minutes to reply, when he did reply, he responded with "thought u wouldn't care? Jk ;)".

When I first read it, it disheartened me to think that he called me a selfish person, then it made me laugh since he was just joking around. I finally decide to ask him "can u cook me that sometime?" I asked him. To my surprise he actually sounds willing to do so. He wrote "I would love too!". I replied with "g8! How about dinner tonight?" And he finished with "sounds good!" I pulp my phone down and continued eating my mac and cheese, they were getting cold so I tried to finish them quickly. When I did finish my meal, my phone lit up and a new notification appeared on my lockscreen. (Y/N) had replied to clarify something. He wrote "this isn't like a date or something right?"

It was cute to see how he thinks this whole thing could be a date or something. I wrote "If u want it to be a date then sure!" and left my phone on the table to go and take a shower. Throughout my blissful shower session I thought to myself countless time that this could be a date after all. I know I said before that I had a small affection for (Y/N) before, like a friend that I don't want to lose. That time he introduced himself as my new neighbor was charming and I still cherish it to this day. And that time when I gave him a kiss as a reward, that came from my heart, not a joke. Everytime we hang out as friends, it strengthens the bond that we created for eachother. Maybe I do like him. And I know he has a massive crush on me too, but it could be that type of crush you have on famous people. I'm probably on his internet dream crush list or something, he probably has feeling for someone else. I should ask him for sure but I'm too scared. This is like my high school crushes all over again!

After my warm shower I got dressed in a blank white tee and some black shorts. I did a little clean up on my room to get it back to the state it used to be. When I was happy with my room looking all nice and tidy, I went to my office room and booted up my computer. I got time to kill, so I mind as well play some games. My Battle.net need some time to update so I opened up my browser to check up on my business email for any new sponsorship deals. I only got one new business related email. And it was a contract offer from this big company called Overwatch.
_______________________________________

(A/N) Notes

Overwatch in this fan fic universe is a large company that comprises numerous affiliated businesses under the Overwatch brand. Think of it like Samsung since Samsung has a lot of department and division such as a electronics, engineering, heavy industry, motors, etc.
_______________________________________

(Email)

Dear Hana Song

It is with great enthusiasm and honor that we are pleased to offer one of the best Esports players a contract to play for our newly formed Esports Team department.

If you are interested then please contact the front administrators office to setup a appointment to discuss about your contract, duration, role and pay amount.

We look forward to seeing you in the future and to work along side an Esport World Champion.

All the Best

From
Executive Assistant
Ana Amari

Administrators Office Contacts
Email: Admission@overwatch.com
Phone: +1-613-555-0137
_______________________________________

I felt ecstatic after reading the fantastic offer. This made me really want to accept the offer since my contract with my current Esport team MEKA was about to end and they haven't arranged a meeting to renew my old contract. If I were to join this new Esports team then I would like Yuna Lee my old teammate to be apart of it. I instantly grab my phone from the dining table and messaged her "I just got offered to play for Overwatch in Esport!🤩"  and waited for her to respond. It took her the same length to respond to it as it took to finish installing the new Battle.net update. I got a notification from her saying "That's g8 but wut about MEKA?". I quickly replied "Was wondering if Overwatch offered u the same thing?" and she wrote "No, MEKA wants to renew my contract."

I almost choked when I read Yuna's message. How dare MEKA were willing to let me go. I'm the one who help get them get the #1 rank in Mecha Guardian V and then the world championship after all. Also I've been with them since I was in high school. They were the first team to really jump start my career in the competitive side of gaming and I really do own so much to MEKA for it. Maybe the reason they don't want to renew it is because I ask for a pretty high sign off fee and pay for each game I participate in which is more then what Yuna is offered. I guess since I'm condsidered by many officials to be the best player thanks to my wall of trophies, a high reputation for being known as a fierce competitor, not showing mercy to my opponent and my commitment to win at any cost. I mean I play to win after all.

I now have reached a pivotal point in my career path. I can either continue walking down the same path and still play for MEKA Team or go for the newly open door and play for Overwatch Team. I guess I should message back to Overwatch to set up a appointment to discuss about our contract and call up MEKA to see if they offer better. After all I can give MEKA plenty of time to think about it since they still have a while to decide before the new season starts.

With that set aside, I decide to launch the newly updated Battle.net and play some StarCraft II, my go to and favourite game. My father when I was growing up introduced me to some of his classic games that he played, one of those was the classic StarCraft. After playing it, I instantly became a big fan and have not left since. The longer I stayed playing the faster time moved along. In a matter of minutes dinner time was approaching. Guess I should shut off my pc for the day and get ready for our dinner date.

I stretched my arms and legs as I got off my chair before heading for my bedroom and opening up my wardrobe. I opened and closed every drawer I had, scrolled through all my coat hangers to find a nice, suitable and perfect outfit. I ended up deciding on a white off shoulder top which will complement my black skinny jeans that went up as high as my waist and some black high hills to complete the look. That's wasn't all. After modeling myself in front of the mirror with the outfit I select, checking out every single angle, I sat on my desk to do my hair and makeup. No pink whiskers this time just some light blush to brighten up my cheeks. Some red lipstick applied all around my lips, eyebrows done pointing up and my hair being straightened with added curls at the end. When that was all done I had one good look in the mirror and just thought on how gorgeous I'd look.

I gave Ye-Jin a "I'll be back soon" pat on her thick fur before grabbing the essential and leaving my apartment. All I had to do was knock on (Y/N)'s door to let him know I'm ready.