Christmas Stream

12 Days till Christmas

(Y/N)'s POV

What used to be a typical thing for me to watch D.Va's annual twelve days till Christmas streams, which means she does a charity stream each day counting down till Christmas, after I had some spare time from the family's tradition. Has now turned into a stream that I am now fully apart of. Hana was seen wearing one of the new Christmas sweaters design and had forced me to wear the other design to help promote it on stream, which I wasn't against. It was actually really comfortable and soft, so soft in fact that I could sleep in it.

Hana: "Remember guys, any donations or merch brought is all being donated to the Stanta's Little Helpers Charity. It's a great charity that ensures that every kid gets a gift this Christmas and... for anybody that does buy the merch, your name will pop up right here." She aligned herself to point her fingers to the bottom right corner to show chat where it pops up on stream.

Hana would repeatedly take a second from her game to say that over and over again to ensure that everyone, especially new comers to the stream would get the message. Which was a good thing because right around this time, the numbers started to double and even triple. Before the stream even started, I got to help decorate Hana's stream layout to be more fitting for Christmas. What used to be Hana's iconic pink and blue colour scheme mixed in with her font style and a pink bunny logo has turned into a more festive looking overlay for her stream, though still maintaining the bunny and font style. What I'm really proud of was the inclusion of a Christmas jiggle that plays whenever a donation or merch bought was made.

I had brought over my personal laptop over to Hana's apartment for the steam but had not used it to play along side her and her fans. Instead I had a copy of Hana's stream pulled up on a browser and was in charge of notifying Hana if any of the new overlays were lagging or clipping. I honestly was expecting to have spent the entire stream basically being Hana's assistant, but when I returned to the room from a small bathroom break after Hana made me chug an entire Mountain Dew bottle as per usual. She would wail in the direction of the door, alarming my ears that were adapted to the pleasing atmosphere.

Hana: "(Y/N)! Can you pleeeeeeease join the game and help out the other team. They are hardly doing enough to win." She cried out in a distressing manner.

(Y/N): "Against you? What makes you think I could bring the win for the other team?"

Hana: "You're a least a challenge compared to these noobs."

(Y/N): "Alright I'll join."

Hana: "Thanks boo. I love you."

Instead of pulling up another seat to be seated next to Hana, and to have my face in view of the webcam. I decided to be in the background, in my own personal space on Hana's bed, which was still in view from the cute Korean streamer girl taking up most of the frame. Closing down the browser, I opened up my Steam library, having to log back on after another update before I was able to join Hana's game of (your shooter game). When the game had put me into Hana's server I was faced with an unbalance team. Hana still had her full team of six players with her unsurprising on the top of the leader board as compared to me with only three other teammates. Oh boy here comes another beating and a bruise on my K/D ratio I thought to myself.

At the start when I was warming up, I would get repeatedly killed over and over again by Hana, and everytime she did I would look up from my game to look at Hana in annoyance while she would hold in her laughter without having the nerves to face me. Once I got a grasp of the map layout and learned of Hana's pattern, I was able to turn the tide over. With kills ranking up on my profile, my username rose up from the bottom of the leaderboards and took first place for the team. Add into the fact that Hana gets distracted from anytime a viewer donated some money or bought the merch, compelling Hana to take seconds of important game time to stop and thank the person. There was also a time which helped me and my team when Ye-Jin decided it to be best to walk across Hana's keyboard. Hana's cat had clumsily blocked the monitor and accidentally pressed on some keys forcing Hana to politely push her out of the way, but the damage had been done.