I missed you - Sam

Y/N POV

I feel numb.

The quiet of the room has taken over me, all my feelings escaping.

I lay here silently. The room is empty, no one but me.

I think back to the times Sam and I would simply lay here in the dark just contemplating life as it was. But that was a long time ago. I haven't seen Sam for many years.

I miss my best friend. My thoughts were soon interrupted by the doorbell ringing.

It was dark outside, nearly midnight, I wonder who it could be? Just to be safe I grab my pocket knife, the same one Sam have to me all those years ago before he was drafted.

As I near the door, the mysterious person rings the doorbell once again. "WHO IS IT?" I yell... just to be safe you tell yourself.

"Y/N open the door it's freezing out here!" The answer calms me, I know this voice. As I go to get the door I set down the pocket knife and let Tom in. "What took you so long? You know it's basically -10° out there!"

"Well I'm sorry Tom but maybe you should call before coming over at midnight" I answer as he walks in and sits on the couch, I decide to go to the kitchen to fix myself a cup of tea.

"Well anyway," He starts, ignoring your answer, "I'm picking up a friend tomorrow from the airport. I want you to join me." He finished as you walk over to join him on the couch.

"Why me? You could just ask Haz..."

"Haz is busy tomorrow" He says almost immediately, almost letting you hear the bit of urgency in his voice, which he covered up quickly, "Besides, I haven't hung out with you for awhile, Y/N!"

"Is that not what we are doing now Tom?" I retorted.

"Please Y/N" Why was he being so persistent?

None the less you finally gave in, with your answer Tom shot up and began to leave, screaming that he will pick you up by noon tomorrow. Odd...

•time skip to noon tomorrow•

Just like Tom had promised, he picked you up by noon and the two of you were off to the airport.

Tom seemed quite giddy, I wonder what he's so excited about... probably just excited to see his friend. "Hey Tom?" Which he silently acknowledged, "Who is this friend of yours we are picking up? Do I know them?"

He quickly glanced at you, then returned his eyes to the road, "I guess we'll see." And with that the rest of the car ride to the airport was silent.

When we finally arrived, Tom found a parking spot and we started to go in. "You sure you aren't going to tell me who it is?" I look at Tom, he only shook his head, still refusing to tell me who it is.

We started off to where we would be picking up this mystery "friend" of Tom's. Tom said we had a bit of time before his friend would arrive so we stopped to go get some food, not forgetting to get some extra for his friend. "He should be arriving soon, so pick up your stuff and let's head over there." Tom finally said after we finished eating. He's been really quiet today.

When you arrived at the gate Tom mumbled something about how he should be here by now. That's when I heard him. "Y/N?" I turn around to find my best friend. At the sight of him I break down crying.

"SAM!" I yelled as I ran towards him, drawing attention to myself but at this moment I could care less.

When I reach him, I jump into his now empty arms and welcome him in a bone-crushing embrace. After a few minutes, my tears have gone away but I am still holding onto Sam as if my life depended on it.

I hear Tom laugh behind me and then I hear him say, "Y/N, I think that's enough. He's not going to disappear if you let him go." But I still keep Sam in an embrace, leaning back a bit to see his face. His hair has grown out more and he now has a little bit of a stubble. He is also blushing, quite a bit may I add.

I lean in again, but this time it's not towards his chest. My face is met halfway by Sam's with a sweet kiss

"I missed you"

Hi, so I guess I was bored enough to write another update. :)
This was requested by @ducky2542
I actually kinda like how it turned out so umm yeah!
-Elexa