Chapter nine

""Star destroyer 'Indomitable' this is shuttle 'Tiberius' requesting immediate landing and medical assistance, over"

"Shuttle Tiberius, land in hanger 3, medical assistance will be with you immediately"

Plo Koon looked down upon Ezra, worry filling his face, easily visible even with the mask covering his face. Needles had to sedate Ezra to stop the blood flow; otherwise he would have bled out before reaching the ship. Luke had not left Ezra's side since boarding the shuttle, his face whiter than usual; he didn't want Ezra to die, he was one of the reasons why he had agreed to come back with Jedi, if anything he was the main reason. Luke may not know much about him, or have known him for that long but he could already feel he could trust him, which was an odd concept to Luke.

Luke felt the ship enter the hanger bay of the cruiser, and got up, ready to help the clones get Ezra off the shuttle and to the Med bay, but Plo Koon held him back and stopped him from getting off until Ezra had been carted off.

By the time Leia had heard the news and made her way down to the hanger, Ezra had already been taken off the shuttle and the medical team were already rushing Ezra off. Instead of getting in the way, she ran over to Plo Koon.

"Master Jedi!" she shouted, desperation evident in her voice "What Happened? What happened to Ezra?"

"Ah Miss Organa, it would be best if we didn't talk about it now" Plo replied. Leia was about to reply, but was interrupted by the Ghost Crew storming into the hanger bay.

"Where is he?" Screamed Sabine "Where's Ezra?" As her back was facing the door, Leia jumped at the sudden voice of Sabine, only to have Hotshot answer.

"He's been taken to the med bay" but before he had finished Sabine had already barged through everybody else, and ran off to find him.

"So... What happened?" Asked Kanan

"I was about to take Leia here to a meeting with the rest of the council, but it looks like I will be bringing you lot as well" Murmured Plo Koon "Shall we?" Everyone nodded and then allowed Plo to lead them to the meeting room.

Med bay

Sabine barged into the med bay, startling some of the medics. She frantically scanned each bed, hoping to see Ezra, but when she could not find him, her emotions were almost released but one of the Doctors approached, with worry drawn on his face.

"Are you here for a reason, Captain?" he asked politely

"I'm looking for Ez- Commander Bridger" she replied barely holding her emotions in check. She hated the fact that Ezra was a higher rank than she, but that didn't matter now, now she was only worried.

"The Commander is currently in theatre, we had to remove the slug shot from him immediately, before it became infected"

Without Sabine knowing, a tear was already falling down her face. "Would please notify me as soon as he wakes from theatre, or when... when something happens"

"Certainly, ma'am" doctor nodding, she left the theatre knowing that she couldn't do anything while Ezra was in theatre. She trudged off toward where the de-brief for the mission.

It only took her 5 minutes to reach it, which allowed her to be in before the meeting started. She sat next to Hera, who pulled her into her arms, allowing the teenager to bury her face into Hera's shoulder before bursting into tears. Even Hera shed a tear, trying not to show her emotions, but found it to be almost impossible, after all she thought of Ezra as a son.

Leia then moved from her previous spot, to sit next to Sabine, initially Sabine sent her a glare, but looking at the emotions Leia was showing, she pulled her in which Leia greatly accepted.