dumbfound

Ezra stood wide eyed and dumbfounded; Sabine had just openly admitted that she...

Ezra just fell backwards away from Sabine, closing his eyes; it had felt like someone had just dropped a 100 tonne weight straight on him. He breathed deeply for what felt like hours. He lifted his hands to his face and rubbed his eyes. Finally he re-opened his eyes and looked straight at Sabine.

Sabine's eyes were completely watered and had tears running down her face; Ezra stared at Sabine for a few more seconds before pulling himself up to his former position "Kar'taylir darasuum, you really mean it?"

Sabine just weakly nodded before looking away. Sabine was contemplated whether she should have told him now: 'Was it the right thing to do? Look at his reaction, it hasn't gone the way I thought it would. Maybe he doesn't...'

She never finished her path of thought, for Ezra had pulled her into his embrace. She stiffened momentarily, before leaning into Ezra, slowly stopping the flow of tears, which were now dripping on to Ezra's shoulder. They stayed there, both pondering what to do next; Sabine had just admitted to Ezra what he had wanted to hear for over a year since meeting her.

Sabine continued to listen to Ezra's racing heartbeat, even though it was fast paced, it was somewhat soothing. Ezra rested his head on Sabine's enjoying the moment; if anyone interrupted, he wouldn't hesitate in force pushing strait back out the room.

"Sabine, I'm so sorry..." Ezra whispered into her ear. Sabine immediately pulled back slightly to look straight into Ezra's eyes.

"Wha-what do you mean?" Sabine stuttered out, looking more worried than ever before, hoping she hadn't made the biggest mistake in her life.

"The things I said to you" Ezra replied "Things that I should never of said, things that nobody should ever say to another. I'm so sorry"

Sabine let out a small breath she didn't know she was holding. She leant back into Ezra's welcoming embrace, both acting as if the world around them had disappeared. Ezra leant back to lying on the sofa bringing Sabine down with him gently.

After 5 minutes of blissful peace, Ezra looked over at Sabine and found she had already drifted to sleep; 'she looks so peaceful' Ezra thought. It wasn't long before Ezra himself had fallen asleep, his last thoughts being on Sabine.

-o0o-

Dulce had been waiting outside Sabine's quarters close to half an hour now, waiting patiently for something to happen, but nothing did. As the time went on, her patience had wavered too thinly, so with a heavy hand he opened the door and quietly walked in.

Immediately she noticed them both on the sofa, leaning against each other, which brought a smile to her face. And upon closer inspection she noticed them both being asleep, and her smile grew. 'Looks like Ezra's staying the night' she thought; and upon that thought she swiftly turned on her heels and walked out the room and looked out in the corridor realising that Leia was most likely waiting on Ezra's return.

Dulce walked over to Ezra door and hesitated, but knocked anyway. It took no time at all for Leia to open the door. It revealed Leia to be in her sleeping clothes, and giving out a yawn she smiled at Dulce.

"Hey Dulce, what can I do for you?"

"I just came to deliver a message" replied Dulce "Ezra won't be returning tonight, he's got himself caught up with something"

"Oh" Leia replied, obviously feeling slightly sad "ok then, I guess I'll see him tomorrow"

Dulce just nodded in reply, not trusting her voice to not retort. She turned and walked off in search of her own quarters, not looking back.