Chelsea Slutgomery: Chapter 5

I can't wait for the weekend tommorow. I sit down at the table and look at what Shelly made. I see beans an ham with corn bread. Shelly wants something from mom or dad, I know this cause she never ever fully cooks; her idea of a good meal is a pb and j sandwich.

I wait for her to bring out a dessert. She comes out..with nothing. She smiles at mom and dad.

"Mom, Dad, I love you both very much and I was wondering if I could study at Carmen's house for the weekend." She said that and I instantly knew what was going to be said.

Mom looked at Dad and Dad looked at Mom.

"Just this weekend." Dad said

Unbelievable, i thought.

"Yay! Thanks Mom and Daddy!"

Dad and Mom smiled. I couldn't believe they were saying yes.

"Mom?" I asked

"Yes, sweetie?" Mom said

"Can I stay at..Jessica's"

Dad immediately asked. "Who's Jessica?"

"Dad, Jessica is my bestest friend out of the whole world AND a 4 year all A honor roll" I said bragging

"Cool, when can I meet her?" He said intrigued.

"You can meet her when she drops me off on Monday after school"

"Okay, fair enough" Dad said

"And Shelly you will be home on Sunday,..correct?"

"Yes, mom" Shelly said

"Okay sweetie"

I grabbed a bowl of soup and a slice of cornbread and ate it being lost in thought thinking about what clothes I could wear and what would look good and match.

I finished then got up and walked upstairs,locking my door. I threw out all my good clothes from my closet then looked at the back of my closet for a cute short skirt and a top. I finally found a burgundy button up sweater, a black tank and a short skirt.

I put it in my dresser then got on my sweats and went to bed.

~

I woke up, brushed my hair, my teeth, and took a shower. I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body and brushed and blow-dryed my hair. I curled my hair then put a black bow to hold back my long bangs. I put on the tank and sweater then the skirt. I went down stairs knowing mom and dad had left to pick up donuts.

I grabbed a 2 poptart packets then a bottle of water and put it in my bag. I ran upstairs and put on some makeup. Then I put on my heels and got ready to go. I put the bag on my shoulder then walked outside. I walk an walk until I get to the blue house.

I think about knocking but then I think about the rude grandma. I walk around his home and get to the side and I see him, shirtless looking in the mirror. I run to the front and get a piece of bark. I throw it at his window but he doesn't hear it. I run out to the road and get a couple little rocks.

I throw it to his window and he looks out the window quickly startled. He looks at me confused and then he is gone. I walk to the front of the house and get ready to knock but I decide he probably doesn't want to see me.

I start walking home and regret walking here. I hear someone calling.

"Hey!" Geoff yelled throwing on a sweater "Wait".

          I wait for Geoff.

"Why are--.... you leaving?" He said catching his breath

"I didn't know if you still wanted me to come over" I said

"Of course, I do" he smiled walking back to his house with me following him.