1 - Yujin

Wonyoung and I were eating ice cream at the school cafe. There was no one to bother us so we talked and laughed...

But then I had a leg cramp and woke up. 

It was already morning. The sunlight is shining through the window, piercing through the gaps between my arms, pillows and whatever and at my eyes. I love the natural smell of morning until...

"AHN YUJIN!!!!!!! GET OUT OF MY BED NOW!!!!!!" A deafening roar almost split my eardrums.

"Aishh...Yenduck shuddup...I still wanna sleep..." I mumbled as I buried my face into Yena's favourite duck plush in my arms.

"Get up!! It's time for school!! Did you forget what I told you yesterday??!!" Yena screamed into my left ear and pushed me, making poor me almost fall off the bed.

"What the-" I sat at the edge and almost cursed while staring daggers at Yena. Yena stuck out her tongue teasingly at me. Yes, she looked cute but I am angry.

I threw the yellow duck plush and Yena caught it, placed it beside her pillow and started making her bed nicely.

"Oh. My. Gadnis. Choi Yena, what has gotten into you, huh?? You are actually making your bed?? For the past 19 years of your life, you never ever tidied your freakin' bed..."

"Yeah, lil' pup, whatever. Shut up, wash up, and we'll get breakfast on the way."

I walked into the bathroom and looked into the mirror. Such annoying bangs, they've grown below my eyebrows and are poking my eyes again. I took a pair of scissors and a comb and started trimming. After that, I did my usual morning face routine and proceeded to shower. I hummed my favourite song, "La Vie en Rose" while stepping out of the bathroom and drying my hair with my towel.

Yena is packing her school bag on her bed. She probably did not notice me because she sneakily slipped a pink envelope in it. I jumped onto the bed and grabbed the envelope. Yena was startled. But before she could react, I was already out of the room and on my way downstairs, waving the envelope gleefully.

"YUJIN!!" I could hear Yena stomping her way down the stairs. I purposely leaned against the kitchen wall and raised the envelope high up in the air. Yena fell for it. She saw the envelope in my hand and tried to get it. But I had a solid 168cm even though I am 18 years old and Yena is only 163cm while she is 19 years old. I always make fun of her of her height. 

When I tiptoed, she could not reach the envelope. She gave up after scrambling with me for 3 minutes trying to get it. She then folded her arms and pouted her lips, staring angrily at me, she muttered my name.

"Yujin-"

"What, Yena unnie??"

"Return me my envelope."

"No."

"Return me my envelope."

"Not until you tell me what's it for."

"Didn't I tell you yesterday??"

"Did you?? Tell me again."

Yena heaved a sigh.

"That's my letter for Jo Yuri."

"What??!!"

"Jo. Yu. Ri. The girl in the same year and class as me."

"And??"

"...and what??"

"What did you write to her??"

"None of your business, Yujin. Return me the letter and go talk to Wonyoung or something."

Yena reached out and gestured for me to place the letter in her hand. Seeing the expression on her face, I guess she is determined not to share her stupid letter secret with me, so I returned her the letter.

"Get changed now. We are leaving for school in 10 minutes."

She turned and headed back up to her room and I followed to change into my school uniform.

I put on my yellow school blazer, a navy blue puffer jacket and carried my school bag before heading downstairs.

"Yujin!! Are you done?? We have to go now!!"

I flew down the stairs, bid goodbye to Yena's parents and joined Yena, who was holding the door for me.

We decided to go to a nearby bakery to get bread, then some milk. On the way, Yena whipped out her phone and showed me Wonyoung's Instagram page.

"Yujin, look at this, she already has 1200 followers."

"So what??" I was scrolling through Instagram and liking posts of my favourite Blackpink and Twice, unbothered by what Yena had said.

"Ahn Yujin!!"

I turned my head.

[Picture(s) not mine creds to owner(s)]