5 - Yuri

I couldn't catch up with Yena while she was on her way to the teachers' office. I wanted to pass her an extra bun that I had accidentally packed. I shouldn't have talked to my table mate just now.

When I reached the teachers' office with my bun, Yena was nowhere to be seen. Just then, someone tapped me on the shoulder and I jumped in fright. I thought it was a teacher, but it was of course, Wonyoung.

"Yuri, why are you here??"

"How many times have I told you that I'm older than you and you should call me Yuri unnie??!!"

"Fine. Yuri unnie, why are you here??"

"None of your business." I silently prayed that Wonyoung did not notice my face growing hot and red.

"Whatever then. Let's go meet Yujin to eat." Wonyoung said while pushing me along.

At that moment, I saw Chaewon step out of the teachers' office.

"Chaewon, have you seen Yena??"

"Oh yeah, she's inside with Mr Park doing her detention. I have to hurry to the cafe now to tell her friend Yujin." Chaewon answered.

I could see Wonyoung's eyes light up at the mention of Yujin's name.

"Yujin?? We're going to meet Yujin too. Let's go together then... Oh, I haven't introduced you guys. Wonyo, this is Chaewon from my class. Chaewon, this is Wonyoung, she's one year below us."

"Hi Chaewon unnie." Wonyoung reached out her hand.

"Hello." Chaewon reached out too and they shook hands.

"You guys are so awkward haha. But I'm hungry now. Let's go." I chuckled.

I pulled Wonyoung on my left and Chaewon on my right.

*

The cafe was packed with people. We scanned through the crowd and Wonyoung excitedly pointed towards a table at the centre. There was Yujin, Chaeyeon from the next class and two other girls talking and laughing. Chaeyeon was laughing so loudly and in such a funny way that people around them were staring at her. I could see some of them are fighting back the urge to laugh, like me. Chaeyeon's laugh is so contagious.

Yujin then spotted us and gestured excitedly for us to join her.

Wonyoung literally flew her way to Yujin.

"Hey Wonyoung, Yuri?? Unnie and Chaewon unnie!!" She sounded hesitant while saying my name.

I laughed and confirmed that my name is Yuri.

"Chaewon unnie, what happened to Yena unnie again??"

Chaewon was laughing cutely with Chaeyeon about how funny a guy was when he confessed to Chaeyeon. Chaewon then turned towards us when she heard her name.

"Yeah, Yujin, you were asking about Yena?? She got detention from Mr Park from daydreaming."

"What was she daydreaming about?? Haha." I asked for fun.

"I'm not sure, haha. But it must be something important."

"How do you know it's something important??" I asked again.

"She was daydreaming even after Mr Park's class and all the way until math class before she almost fell asleep."

"Okay, haha."

Yujin then introduced Chaeyeon to Wonyoung. Then Hitomi and Nako(the other two girls) to us. Both of them are so cute. And they speak Japanese fluently. Even better than Chaeyeon, who has topped the cohort for Japanese even though not many people take it as a subject. We all exchanged some hellos and "nice to meet you" before sitting down.

"Guys, which K-pop groups do you guys stan?? I stan Twice but I'm just a small trainee in JYP..." Nako said.

"Twice?? Twicecoaster: Lane 2 is coming out soon!! I stan I.O.I but I think they're gonna disband soon on January 29..." Wonyoung replied sulkily.

"Wonyoung, don't be sad, okay??" Yujin comforted Wonyoung while gently patting her back. "But I.O.I does give people heartbreaks, don't they? Their contract is just too short."

"It's too sad for I.O.I to disband...But I heard there is another Produce show coming up this year." Chaeyeon said.

"I heard about it too!! For this year, however, it is for male trainees though..." I said, recalling my seniors in my ent. discussing about joining it. 

"Yes, I think next year's Produce would be for female trainees. How about all of us join it together??" Chaeyeon asked excitedly.

"But do all of us have a company?? And are they willing to enter us in next year's Produce show??" 

"I think trainees without a company can also participate in the show, although there aren't alot of them." 

Suddenly, there was a loud growling sound of the stomach.

We all turned towards Hitomi. She looked at us and blushed.

"Uh, I haven't had breakfast..." she mumbled shyly.

"Let's go get our food before break ends!" Chaeyeon exclaimed as we were all laughing at Hitomi's cuteness.

We queued up for our food and settled down in 10 minutes. 

Chaeyeon took out a box and placed it at the centre of the table. 

"Here everyone! I brought some grapes to share. They are very sweet."

I looked at the grapes and my thoughts flew to Yena again. 

She likes grapes, doesnt she? But she isn't here...should I save her some?

I grabbed a few and stuffed one in my mouth. The sweet juice of the fruit exploded in my mouth as I chewed.

Yes, Yena would love these.

I smiled and looked at the few lying on my palm that I am saving for her.

The school bell broke my train of thoughts and we quickly grabbed our last bites, returned our trays and rushed back to our own classes.

I crashed into someone right at the classroom door as I heard Chaewon give a little squeal behind me.