21

(a few changes have been made to previous chapters, harry is officially 18 (found a good spot to actually add it) and many students have stayed at the school because the headmaster offered to keep them there with things getting so bad with the war, Ron and Hermione are going to be apprenticing under members of the staff)

Once Harry's wounds were healed with the help of potions and spell Severus finally consented to them going back, the unicorns seemed to live in the glade now, they left every day and returned at night to the safety it provided, the two left everything as it was, the pungent magic that was draped all over the pocket dimension would preserve everything, at least that was Severus's theory, the forest flew by in a thunder of hooves as the two equines sped to their destination, it was much too easy for the two to get to the headmaster's office without being seen, Severus muttered about everyone being too lax.

Harry rolled his eyes at the comment, no one could do alert like Severus could he just had higher standards.

finally, they came up and into the office, the man himself was sitting behind the desk a lemon drop in his hand looking as if he had known all along they would be dropping by now.

"ah Harry, Severus, come sit you have had us worried though I am not surprised ether"

They both shook off his attempt to get them to partake of the mounds of sugar that he called lolly.

"so first things first, did you have fun, my boys?"

snape looked away but harry had a small smile.

"yeah I think I did, it was good"

the man nodded with a kind smile.

"headmaster, I intend to marry harry when he is ready, but I need to get rid of the last thing that could ruin that and as soon as possible, I know you don't approve of killing and such ilk but the man won't be stopped by anything less"

there was a long silent pause and the man looked down obviously troubled.

finally, he sighed and looked up.

"Alright, Severus do as you will we will help where we can but be careful"

Harry sat up straight and grasped Severus's hand.

"headmaster in with Severus, I intend to kill snake face, no one but I can do it remember"

the man gave a laugh at the pet name for the dark lord and after looking into Harry's eyes for a minute slowly nodded.

"well I can't stop you even if I did want to, you are well over seventeen"

Harry smiled.

"I promise you, think will be over soon and everyone will be safe.

"a moment, harry my boy I must tell you about Horcrux's"

the two were dumbfounded at the information but harry frowned.

"I don't think they are separate anymore headmaster when I ended up a unicorn it's because of my family, I had such anger at them and that joined with an even bigger anger, I wanted to do horrible things to them it took me over until there was a cold refreshing light and bam unicorn.

"I see, so you connected with the dark lord and it seems you very magic rejected the evil so much that it literally turned you into the polar opposite, the lightest creature in the world, harry I believe you are right, I believe the dark lord is if not whole then the peaces not protected where destroyed, shall we see?"

"See what sir?"

"I happen to have figured out where one such item was"

the three aerated together to an old decrepit house, the man easily disarmed the traps suggesting he had been here a few times.

inside a hidden space was a ring undisturbed.

he went to touch it when Severus swatted his hand.

"Are you daft?!"

"sorry my boy I seem to have gotten a little caught up in it, it's hard to resist"

the dour man set about analyzing and purging curses from the ring.

"a bloody flesh-eating curse, you foolish man you could have been killed!"

the old man merely laughed it off but looked at harry then the ring.

"harry....I think you should keep the ring, I have a feeling"

the teen didn't look impressed but took the item from Severus and slipped it into his pocket.

"no soul, what a relief now I believe that we should all go get some rest then we can talk about how we plan to deal with the dark lord"

there were two nods of agreement and they headed back to the castle.

harry and Severus settled into the potion masters' rooms, the bed was just as comfortable as Harry remembered.

soon they drifted off after a whispered I love you.