Killing Me Softly || Jikook

Setlist: Killing Me Softly - 1940s Swing Cover

note: i am well aware that Killing Me Softly is written around 1972 by Lori Lieberman. I only put up the setting around 1940's inspired of Robyn Anderson's 1940s swing cover. :>

Summary:

Set in 1940s' era.

Jimin is a jazz singer in a fancy club serenading customers every night with his angelic voice when Jeon Jungkook, a young mafioso, took interest in him and will do whatever it takes to have the singer within his palm.

                      𝄥𝄞────────── 𝄇

Los Angeles, CA.

Strumming my pain with his fingers,
Singing my life with his words,
Killing me softly with his song,
Telling my whole life with his words,
Killing me softly with his song

Tremendous amount of rain were pouring in the summer night, the dark clouds engulfing the sheer moonlight. The usual white ways were empty, the incandescent lights beneath one street was flickering endlessly.

The sound of drops were heavy against the varieties of metal and marble roofs, enough to cover the sounds that are coming from one of the rooms in the middle floor inside the Cecil Hotel.

"Where do you think you are running this time, little lamb?"

His firm hands reloaded the pistol with a loud clack, heavy foot steps from the reptile leathered shoes getting closer in the locked washroom were a certain silver hair was hiding himself inside from the mafioso.

"Please, please! G-go away from me! I didn't even understand what I did to you! I-i was just a simple singer!"

The silver hair pleaded, the bangs on the wooden door were getting louder that it might break soon, the rusty knob making it much more easier to break in.

"My little song bird, it isn't hard to understand that I want you to sing only for me right?" The mafioso banged the wood louder, his heart already up to his throat as the door was slowly being broke down.

"I-i'll sing for you, just not like this. Please, s-sir Jeon..go away.."

The silver haired didn't knew what he had done to the brunette mafioso to beg for his very own safety. All he did was to live his life, serenading customers every night under those chandeliers with the jazz band playing behind his back; applause rounding him every time he hits a high note along with his intricate gestures.

He was still young, arriving in the city of angels with those dreams to slowly stride his way and be discovered as a shining star yet in this circumstance-the most unpleasant circumstance of being trapped by the young mafioso to fulfill his heinous want from him.

I heard he sang a good song, I heard he had a style
And so I came to see him, to listen for a while
And there he was, this young boy, a stranger to my eyes

"Oh my, my, little song bird. You wanted to be that star don't you? If you became mine dear, I'd make you one and even the shiniest one among them isn't that promising?"

The mafioso's voice was smoother than oil, yet his words were drippingly venomous. He wanted the song bird by himself since that very day he had set his eyes on him, with the angelic voice that resonates against his ears; he immediately yearned for him.