Chapter 10 - This is Real

***More chapters up on Inkitt. Will upload them here too but might take some time. Also, for those reading on Inkitt, sorry there's not been much updates. Really busy with work. Sorry!***

Chapter 10 - This is Real

Aerith's Room

Hades' Palace
The Underworld

-Aerith-

I opened my eyes and it was his face I saw.

It was that same angelic face I've seen in all my dreams. His brows were creased and his face was filled with worry as he looked at me. I wanted to wipe away that expression. I want to see him smile. He'd be so much more handsome if only he smiled.

My vision dimmed as pain assailed my shoulder and my chest. It was becoming harder and harder to breathe. With each gallop of the horses, my body was jolted and more pain was added. At first, I thought I was dreaming when I saw all those ghosts battling the mortals. But if I was dreaming, this wouldn't be so painful, right?

I wanted to laugh at my situation but the pain prevented it. Right now, I don't even know dream from reality. I've had dreams so vivid these past couple of days that I felt it actually happened. But then it could not, right?

Otherwise, my dream guy would be real. These horses running faster than cars ever travelled would be real. The battle and the shades would all be real.

My Ezio clutched me tighter to his chest and I shivered against him. It was becoming much colder and harder to breathe.

"Hold on, my queen," he whispered.

I wanted to reply but my lips wouldn't move. I was so weak.

"Welcome to the Underworld, vasilissa mou." That was the last thing I heard before darkness claimed me.

****************************

I stretched my limbs yawned loudly. Today, I felt different. It's as if I've slept for days! My limbs felt languid and I was totally relaxed. But that's impossible because I have school, homework and chores. Speaking of school, I have to get ready.

Wait. Maybe five more minutes.

I had this dream where there was a battle led by Ezio. He summoned ghosts and they were fighting alongside him. Then, there were four massive, black horses pulling a chariot. The ground opened up and we were descending into darkness. When the darkness cleared, there was a grand castle in the distance. It looked ominous and menacing with its black towers and the lightning and thunder that surrounded it. Throughout it all, I was in the arms of Ezio.

In that dream though, I was in pain. And now I felt blissful.

Realizing I can't delay getting prepared any longer, I opened my eyes. At first, I thought I was hallucinating so I rubbed my eyes. The scene before me didn't change.

"What the–" I gasped.

I was in an unfamiliar place. This was not my bedroom nor was it Claudine's. This one was bigger, more luxurious. The room was decorated with gold, platinum and other metals. Various colored gemstones were placed as designs on the poster of the bed, the walls, and on the ceiling where it served as a chandelier. That chandelier was made of what looked like diamonds! Everywhere I looked, I was greeted with extravagance.

Curiosity got the better of me and so I stood up and approached the nearest lamp. The body of the lamp seemed to be made of gold and it was decorated with amethysts the size of my thumb! The lamp itself was pretty weird though. It didn't have a light bulb but green fire was burning in the center of it.