Chapter 5

Just a quick note before this chapter starts. I think I'm going to stop putting trigger warning above each chapter unless I have a clear script for that chapter. Just be aware that every chapter may have something triggering in it. The reason for this is that my characters are kinda doing their own thing and I'm kinda going with the flow. I might just put a trigger warning at the beginning of each chapter just in case. Anyway on with the story!

Dahlia's POV (the report)

After the rebel attack everything had calmed down and now we were all sitting in front of the tv. Paisley is gripping my arm so hard I'm pretty sure she's cut off the circulation. 

"Paisley I can't feel my arm. Please let go."

"Sorry! I'm just so excited! You could be a princess!!!" She squealed dropping my arm.

"Girls quiet down the report is on." 

Paisley drew in a breathe going absolutely silent. I had to admit I was anxious too. It wasn't likely I was selected but I couldn't help but wonder. The report was pretty boring until the rebel attack in Kent was brought up. Turns out 3 other provinces had been attacked and no one knows what they want. Other than to destroy the monarchy that is.

"Now we'll get to see the 35 lovely woman who will be apart of Prince Micah's selection!"

I glanced over to Prince Micah to see how he was feeling and it was quite obvious he was nervous. I was kinda glad to see I wasn't the only one. He was undeniably attractive, but if I was chosen could I date him? Would I like him?

"Lady Savannah Briggs of Allens!" 

She was a gorgeous girl with with light brown hair and grey eyes and in the corner they were showing Prince Micah's reactions. He smiled at her picture and I really couldn't blame him. I looked away from his reactions and decided to focus on the girls that were chosen.

"Lady Eleanor Sinclair of Angeles!"

"Lady Darcie Howard of Atlin!"

"Lady Tabitha Hunt of Baffin!"

"Lady Amirah Donnelly of Bankston!"

"Lady Faye Holland of Belcourt!"

Faye stuck out to me in an amazing way. She had dirty blonde hair that reached her shoulders in perfect waves and sea green eyes that seemed to  shine. She was absolutely radiant and her smile was charming. I knew instantly that if I was chosen I wanted to befriend this girl.

"Lady Edith Grant of Bonita!"

"Lady Mollie Ford of Carolina!"

"Lady Vanessa Wilkes of Calgary!"

"Lady Scarlet Spencer of Clermont!"

Scarlet was a girl with Dark hair and a sharp face. She was the simple kind of pretty and she seemed very charming.

"Lady Pearl Guerrero of Columbia!"

"Lady Kara Brooks of Dakota!"

"Lady Violet Perry of Denbeigh!"

"Lady Emilia Goodwin of Dominica!"

"Lady Nia Warren of Fennley!"

Nia was a model kind of pretty with perfect makeup. She had dark tan skin and golden eyes. She had a charming smile and seemed very confident.

"Lady Jasmin Andrews of Hansport!"

"Lady Aisha Flynn if Honduragua!"

Aisha was a girl with dark skin and dark eyes. She had gorgeous curls and a mischievous glint in her eye. I could tell immediately she was not someone you wanted to mess with.

"Lady Lena Torres of Hudson!"

"Lady Dahlia Merchant of Kent!" 

My jaw dropped. Mom and Paisley started screaming and hugging me. I didn't catch the Prince's reaction. I couldn't believe it! I Dahlia Merchant a poor performer and artist not to mention Northern Rebel from Kent had been chosen.

"Quiet down you guys I want to hear who the rest of the girls are!"

"Lady Ellis Garza of Labrador!"

"Lady Crystal Chandler of Lakedon!"

"Lady Kimberly Dixon of Likely!"

"Lady Lola Hughes of Midston!"

"Lady Mabel Hill of Ottaro!"

"Lady Kyra Avila of Paloma!"

Kyra seemed to have New Asian heritage with her dark eyes and flowing jet black hair. No doubt that would give her an advantage politically.

"Lady Fern O'Brien of Panama!"

"Lady Constance Rice of Sonage!"

"Lady Rita Chen of Sota!"

"Lady Tanya Robertson of St. George!"

"Lady Holly Bradley of Sumner!"

"Lady Cleo Chambers of Tammins!" 

Cleo was covered in jewelry and makeup and was giving the camera a very seductive look. Her strategy here was probably to intimidate us girl and seduce the Prince.

"Lady Rowan Evans of Waverly!"

"Lady Kayleigh Moore of Whites!"

"Lady Zoya Rivas of Yukon!"

"And Lady Rhea Becker of Zuni!"

The Report shut off shortly after that and immediately the phone started ringing. By next Friday I would be in the Palace with 34 other girls competing for a Prince I hardly even know! Sighing I stood up and picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Is this Lady Dahlia?"

"It is."

"Perfect! We're making arrangements for your stay as we speak!"

Well that's all 35 of the selected! How do you think Micah and Dahlia's first meeting is going to go? And what do you think of the other girls? Is this a good opportunity for the Northern Rebels? And what about meeting the royal family? Are the girls going to be nice or is the competition going to be fierce?