Chapter 14

Dahlia's dress for The Report! A lot of her Report dresses will be in this style because I love it so much.

Dahlia's POV

Anne, Ellie-Mae, and Saffron made a gold dress with a lower neckline and slit. The bodice has some flowers on it and I marveled at it. 

"You guys-" I started in an awed whisper trying not to cry. "-you've outdone yourselves."

"Hardly. This will be simple compared to the others," Anne told me.

"You should see what we have prepared for next week!" Ellie-Mae clapped her hands together and squealed.

"You look like a Queen!" Saffron tilted my chin up.

"Is that your whole angle?" I asked them.

"It is," Anne said. "All the other girls are dressing like princesses in softer colors with more frills."

"You don't dress or act that way." Saffron chimed in. "You act like a Queen so you should dress like one too."

"You're obviously not into super girly things like lace and ruffles so we figured we'd start putting you in something more regal."

"You're best guys." I pulled them into a hug.

There was a knock on the door and Saffron rushed to open it. To my surprise Shalom was standing there with Amberley and Celeste. Amberley shyly waved and Celeste rushed over and started touching my dress. My maids excused themselves. (A/N: thought it was gonna be Micah? Lol nope!)

"I love glitter!" Celeste exclaimed.

"Me too!" 

Celeste made grabby hands so I picked her up and she started playing with my curls.

"I thought we could walk you down." Shalom explained when I looked at him.

"That would be great!" 

"Also you look great. Everyone's gonna lose it when they see you." 

"Thanks, I'm pretty sure that was the girls intentions."

"The hair piece looks really good too. You should wear them more often."

"Are you Shalom the fashion expert now?"

"I'm surrounded by a lot of women all the time. Plus I like to hang out with the maids."

A giggle came from Celeste as she reached up and touched the hair piece.

"It's pretty." She said tracing the jewels.

"It is isn't it?"

Dahlia's headband!

Dahlia's headband!

Shalom offered me his free arm and I took it. He guided me down the halls and into the studio where the report was filmed. Most of the selected were already there and even Faye glared at me for a moment when they saw who I had come in with. Rita on the other hand rushed over chatting excitedly to all of us. I saw Micah out of the corner of my eye and realized his jaw had dropped. I excused myself and walked over to Micah with Celeste.