║ HOWLER ║

I blinked slowly, my eyes burning from crying myself to sleep. The sun fell onto my face, practically making me go blind.

I felt something jump onto the bed beside me, crawling over my legs and rolling up against my stomach. I smiled, looking down at Sonata.

She purred as I scratched her head softly, curling up a bit more.

"Feeling better?" Hermione asked from her bed. I turned my head around to see yawning, sitting up.

"Yeah, tons." I got up too, stretching my arms as Sonata jumped onto the floor and ran over to her spot next to the curtains.

"Your stupid cat is at the curtains again, Y/n!" One of the girl groaned as she pulled her pillow over her face.

"It's fine, she isn't trying to bother anyone." I rolled my eyes as I spoke. Sonata rolled into her back, swatting at the curtain.

"We should get ready before it's too late." Hermione suggested. I nodded, walking over to my luggage that was piled up with my clothes.

My uniform was laid out neatly on the stack. I grabbed it, rushing over to the bathrooms.

*×*

"I'm starving..." I groaned, holding onto my stomach. Ron rolled his eyes.

"Maybe if you ate and didn't run-"

"Ron!" Hermione hissed. She hit his arms, causing him to recoil.

"It's fine. I shouldn't of attacked Malfoy." I shrugged. I felt my wand in my pocket as I gripped onto it, feeling the same way I felt last night.

"You had every right to attack him. He grabbed onto you." Harry said.
I crossed my arms, looking at the ground.

"Hopefully my parents don't hear about this. My mother's gonna freak..." I shuddered at the thought. She'd probably send me a howler, and last time I got one, it wasn't a good one. Let's just say that it went on for a bit too long..

"Knowing her she already knows everything. She might be hidden around here somewhere, even." Ron looked around playfully, laughing.

"Shut up." I laughed along, putting both of my hands in my pockets.

We reached the hall and walked in, passing all of the other students. Some turned and stared while some started whispering about my name. I ignored it.

We sat down, waiting for Dumbledore to make his announcement. Hermione, Ron and Harry looked at the stage as I just kept my gaze down. Snape is probably staring at me right now, burning holes into my skull. I've almost forgotten about his detention too.

Dumbledore started his announcement.

"As most of you may know, an incident happened last night involving two students." He paused as everyone broke out into chatter, most of them staring at me. I shrugged it off, though. I did what I had to do.
"Let's not let that get in the way for us and continue our days as normally as we can." Dumbledore leaned closer to the podium, his eyes narrowing.
"If anything happens like this again, the students behind it could be in high risk of getting suspended. Even expelled from Hogwarts."

The last part sounded like a snakes hiss, causing a chill to run up my spine. I wouldn't have thought that that would've been a big deal. Last time someone attacked someone else, it wasn't a big deal. I furrowed my brows in worry.

Soon, everyone started to eat. I decided to get some food too since I was starved.

As I ate, an owl swooped into the hall with a red letter gripped between it's talons. I realized that it was my father's owl, a barn owl. I watched as it came down, dropping the note on my plate.
Ron's eyes widened.

The hall got silent as they watched carefully. Slowly. Silently.

A howler.

I picked it up, reading the front.

Y/n L/n
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft

Oh. Merlin.

"It- it shouldn't be THAT bad I mean, she was in a good mood yesterday..." I made an excuse, looking around.

I slowly opened the envelope, waiting for it to spring out of my hands and scream at me in my mother's voice.

But it didn't.

I sighed in relief.

"I think it was just-"

Y/N L/N!

How DARE you go off and hurt an INNOCENT young BOY, ONE DAY into HOGWARTS?! Your father and I  are DEEPLY DISAPPOINTED! We can't believe that you turned from a beautiful girl into a BEASTLY WITCH! Just wait until your grandmother hears about this! Just wait!

The howler took a breather before continuing.

You're lucky that you've JUST started Hogwarts or I would've went down there and STUPEFIED you MYSELF! Goodness, you deserve any punishment that your professors give you!

I've never been so mad in all of my years! Oh dear, I've got to sit down.
Y/n! Do this again and you'll be taken out of this school at once!

The note suddenly was ripped apart in from of my eyes and disappeared, no trace left behind.

The students let out small laughs as they continued with their breakfast. I was left embarrassed, keeping my head down as I ate.

This was an interesting way to start off the day.