║ FAMILY SECRET ║

Ginny, Hermione and I sat on my bed silently, frozen from shock. In an attempt to have me calm down a bit, Hermione placed a delicate hand on my shoulder, and Ginny started to speak, breaking the silence.

"Listen, Y/n. Even though your parents are death eaters, that doesn't make you bad. We're still your friends." She put on a reassuring smile, but a worried look was lingering along with it; a tinge of guilt struck my heart, causing me to bury my face into my hands.

"I don't even belong here... With you guys... Maybe I was supposed to be in Slytherin? Oh God... Maybe the system was broken? I was put into the wrong house!" My cries were muffled in my hands, but the girls seemed to still understand.

"The system isn't broken. You're a true Gryffindor." Hermione said, leaning in a bit in a whisper. I looked up at her, tears still running down my face. I took a long sniff before replying.

"My mother is supposed to tell me before the end of the week or... You-Know-Who will do something to her from what I heard..." I coughed out. The girls slowly looked at each other in worry, the tone in the room suddenly changing.

"It's okay... She'll tell you and everything will be okay." Hermione assured me, her grip tightening. My eyes trailed away from both of them, and landed on the wall opposite of us, and I was suddenly brought into thought.

Maybe it was going to be okay.
Mother will break the news and... It'll be fine. I don't have to take part in it, right?

This was ridiculous. I was crying... For what? Yeah, there was a possibility I would be dragged into becoming a Death Eater, and my parents wouldn't force me to...

A hit of drowsiness overcame me, and I took it as an excuse to stop taking about this.

"I think I'll take a nap... I need to take my mind off of things." I stifled a yawn, crossing my arms. The girls nodded slowly.

"Okay. We'll be down in Hogsmeade if you need us." Ginny said as she got up from the bed along with Hermione, ultimately leaving the dorm.

A soft clawing could be heard from beside my bed. I looked over to see
Sonata sat on the floor, tending to clawing up the already tattered curtains.
A small smile shone on my face as I wasted no time in picking her up, and dragging her into my bed as she let out a clear meow.

I lied back on my bed, my head hitting the pillow and knocking me out into sleep.

*×*

"Y/n, you need to get up. Quick!" I felt someone shaking me awake, causing me to grunt in confusion.

"Not now, Hermione..." I lightly slapped her hand away, turning over. I was too tired to think clearly, and just wanted to waste away the day sleeping.

"Your mum needs you down at the bakery." Ginny whispered, leaning in a bit.

My eyes shot open automatically, and all the exhaustion I felt left my body.

"What? Right now?" I asked frantically, getting up. They nodded together.

Fixing my hair that was all over the place, I asked a question that suddenly ran into my head.
"Do you think it's about-"

"No, she sounded happy!" Ginny smiled before adding "Well to me..." She slowly trailed off, turning around.
Hermione let out an inpatient sigh.