║ REGRET ║

"That's a strange thing to sleep in."

My eyes shot open as I lifted my head up from the pillow. Hermione stood at the edge of my bed, her hands on her waist as he laughed.

"Ugh... I feel like-"

"Harry and Ron are gone!" Ginny bursted in through the door. Our attention went over to her, questions filling my mind.

"What? Like... Kidnapped? Stolen?" I asked, getting up. Ginny shook her head.

"No! He left me a note, but it doesn't say much..." She said as she brought out a folded paper out of her pocket.
I took it from her quickly, opening it.

Ginny,

We'll be back.

- Harry.

She was right. It barely said anything.
I slid the note onto my dresser, and Ginny took it without another word. Hermione furrowed her brows.

"What does he mean? It better not be anything stupid, or I swear to-"

"They're probably with Hagrid in the forest and making a big deal about it..." I joked. Hermione bit her lip in thought.

"I doubt that..." She muttered, looking away.
Ginny looked back and forth at us.

"We don't know if it's anything bad! Well, let's hope it's not..." She muttered the last part, her eye trialing to the floor in sudden thought.

A blanket of silence came over us as, Hermione and Ginny frozen in their spots. It was a bit awkward; they definitely took their disappearences more seriously than me.

Hermione quickly spoke up out of no where.

"How could he take Ron and not me?!"

*×*

My stomach churned as the day went on. Potions was my last class, and of course, Snape was going to be there.

I have to face him. Again.

I was sat at the Gryffindor table prodding around with my food as Hermione and Ginny ate slowly. They seemed dull since the boys left, and I didn't blame them.

I stabbed my fork into a piece of egg when suddenly, I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around to see who it was, Hermione and Ginny taking a look as well.

A flood of dread came over me as Draco stood in front of me.

"Hey, Y/n." He stammered nervously, scratching the back of his neck. I put my fork down to prevent myself from stabbing him in case he said something stupid, and for once listened to what he was to say.
"So, Hallowe'en is coming up and-"
He paused for a while as Crabbe and Doyle stood impatiently behind him. Crabbe seemed to have had enough and pushed past Draco, although it had only been a second of standing.

"Malfoy wants to know if you'll go to the bloody Hallowe'en ball with him." He said.

The ball? With me? First of all, I didn't even know if I was going, and decond of all, I forgot about the ball in the first place...

"So?" Crabbe asked again, barely giving me time to decide.

My eyes wandered to the staff table without thought, landing on Snape who was glaring at the Slytherin table. My cheeks heated up.