║ AFTERWARDS ║

"Y/n, honey, are you alright?" Mother asked, putting a hand on my shoulder. I jumped at her cold touch.

"Yes. Im okay." I looked out of a nearby window, moonlight seeping out of it. I wasn't okay. This wasn't right. I hated being a Death Eater.

A stinging pain came from my arm. I looked down to see the hideous Death Eater symbol burned into my skin, the skin around it all red and irritated. I frowned at the sight of it. Father noticed.

"It'll heal up fairly quickly; It's worth it in the end." He exclaimed. "I don't regret becoming a Death Eater, it has it's pros." Mother laughed, her eyes trailing down to the floor. Her cheeks started to blush as if she had just been asked out.

"You know, your father and I met each other at one of the meetings..." She clasped her hands on her lap. "It seems like yesterday we had our first talk; It was about those horrid muggles." Mother hissed the 'muggle' part, and it nearly made me flinch at how unnatural it was.

I've never seen my parents acting like this. They were always so happy and cheery; They always wore bright clothes and even had a bright colored house... Was that all just a cover up? To make it seem like we were a normal family?

"Dear, wouldn't it be sweet is that little Malfoy boy ended up with Y/n?" Mother cooed. My eyes widened.

"Me? With Draco? No way." I shook my head, crossing my arms. I turned my head away to end any further comment about that dreadful thought.

Were they crazy? I'd rather be killed than go out with that platinum haired freak.

"Why? He seems like a fine gentleman." Father tilted his head in question.
'Fine gentleman'... Last time I checked, 'fine gentlemen' don't try to kiss girls randomly.

"We just have a bad past." I muttered. Mother sighed in slight disappointment, and I let my thoughts run through my head in an attempt to distract myself from this interaction.

The thought of Snape crawled into my mind. My cheeks heated up.

I shut it down quickly. He's WAY older than you, Y/n; don't even think about it.

Without thinking, the words that were built up at my tongue slipped out on impulse.

"Besides, I like someone else..." A small smile shone onto my face as my parents went silent. Great. Now they were going to make a big deal about it.

"You LIKE someone?" Mother clapped happily. "Oh my goodness! Y/n loves someone! Who is it? Are they a pure-blood? They better not be a bloody muggle!" She frantically spoke. Father was still silent, obviously waiting for an answer. Mother began again.
"Do they know what they want to do? Are they ready to do anything in the future? What if-"

"They're a half-blood, mum." I blurted out amongst the chatter. Mother fell silent, joining father with a let down expression.

"Well... Er... it's... It's better than being a Muggle..." Mother squeaked. Father let out a loud breath.
I could tell that they were disappointed. I never knew my parents were so strict about my... 'dating life'.

"What's with preserving the whole pure-blood line all of a sudden?" I asked, irritated.

"It's just that... Look, it's been like this for centuries. Centuries of wizards and witches; The L/n's never married ...Muggles... Not a lot married half-bloods... Unless they wanted to be erased completely from the tree... They all kept it clean." Father quickly exclaimed before mother could seep another word in. I bit my cheeks. What was wrong with marrying someone just because of their type? I sighed, crossing my arms.

"Okay... I get it..." I lied. Mother nodded and began to walk off, father trialing behind her. I watched as they did so, and waited a few moments before going along.