║ MISSING ║

"You've got to stop getting detention! We never get to do stuff together!" Hermione said. I sighed.

"Well if Malfoy doesn't stop his antics, then I might as well live in Snape's classroom." I raised my eyebrows as I spoke. Hermione smirked.

"You'd probably like that." She nudged me lightly. I quickly looked at her in confusion.

"What? Wha- what do you mean?" I stuttered nervously. Ron stopped chewing his food.

"Wait, Y/n's got a crush on Snape?" He laughed. I shook my head as I turned red in embarrassment. Harry frowned.

"You can't have a crush on a teacher, Y/n. Especially not on Snape." He whispered. I crossed my arms.

"I know I can't. I don't. Just... Don't talk about it." I grabbed my fork, stabbing at my dinner. Hermione put her cutlery down in frustration.

"I read through your book while you were sleeping." She blurted out. I ignored her.
Hermione cleared her throat as she tried to grab attention again.
"Did you hear me?"

"Yeah." I said, my mouth still full of food. The boys paused, taking in the drama.

"So Snape gave it to you?" She turned to face me.

"Okay. Yes. It's only because I was his favorite student last year." I reasoned. She tilted her head.

"You're not over it, appearently. I see you flipping to that page every night before you go off to bed."

I felt exposed, looking at her as she spoke. I looked at my plate which was half empty.

"I'm full." I pushed myself away, leaving the hall.
The only reason I read that page before going off to bed is because- well, I don't know. It just leaves the day off in a good note.

But I  needed to shake it away. Right now I could down some time alone with while doing my homework, Sonata by my side.

*×*

I

bursted into my room, dropping my bag on my bed. I expected to see Sonata curled up next to the curtains, but to my surprise, she wasn't there.

"Sonata?" I called out, clicking my tongue. The room was quiet. I listened for a meow or some scratching, but nothing happened.
This room wasn't that big, and there wasn't a space big enough for her to hide in.

I started to panic. Someone must've left the door open long enough for her to escape.
This school is massive. She could be anywhere.

Scratch all of my homework plans. I had to find Sonata as soon as possible, and I couldn't waste any more time.

I left the room once again and ran as fast as I could.

I quickly got down the stairs and made my way through the halls, calling out for my cat.

The good thing about Sonata is that she responds to her name, and she always comes.

"Sonata! Come here!" I shouted through the empty halls. It was quiet, just as I expected.

My breathing quickened, causing me to go into a bigger panic. A million scenarios went through my head.

What if she somehow went somewhere super dangerous, causing her to get hurt? What if she wondered out of the school and got lost in the Forbidden Forest?

I had to sit down before I lost my mind.
I leaned against the wall, tears burning at my eyes.

I felt helpless and stupid. I couldn't find my cat, but I shouldn't be crying about it. She'll come back... Right?

"Sonata!" I called out one more time before burying my face in my knees, sitting on the cold, marble ground.

A door opened a few feet away from me. I didn't dare to put my head up, though. Unless they had my cat, I'll just ignore them.

"Sitting down on the floor and crying won't solve your problems unless you're looking for attention." Snape's familiar voice said. I looked up to see him coming forward, looking down at me.
"Get up."

I slowly got up, crossing my arms. I wiped away my tears to make myself look less of an idiot.

"Now what are you crying about?" He asked, putting his hands behind his back.

"M- my cat. Sonata. I don't believe you've seen her? She's a brown, fluffy cat and she has a collar with-"

"Stop." He commanded. I took a step back as he said this, my breath hitched.

"I suppose I have seen the... Cat... That you're describing. It strolled down into my classroom and invited itself in." My eyes lit up.

"Oh really?" I nearly jumped in joy, but kept myself contained.

"You should go get it. I can't stand it lingering around my classroom anymore, dropping hair onto my desks and disrupting my grading." He took a step back as he walked off further down the hall, turning the nearest corner.

I quickly ran into the room, grabbing Sonata as she walked along the desks.

"You little-" I then quickly hugged her. "Scare me again and I'll turn you into a newt."

I walked off with the cat in my arms, holding onto her as tight as I could without hurting her to prevent her from squirming out.

"Y/n!" I looked up to see a girl with red hair running down the hall, a smile beaming on face. I smiled back.

"Ginny!" We hugged as we met, laughing as we did so. The sadness that once hugged me disappeared at once.

"I tried to catch up with you but Hermione said you were either in detention or doing homework." She said. Sonata squirmed, meowing loudly.

"Sorry." I struggled to keep the cat still.
"We can hang out this Saturday if you'd like, though!" Ginny nodded.

"That's great! I'll see you then!" She slipped off as we waved to each other's continuing our own ways.

I completely forgot about Ginny, which was strange because she's probably the nicest girl in Hogwarts. But I bet Harry didn't forget about her.
I cringed at the thought of them making out, scrunching my nose.

Yuck.

*×*

Saturday rolled around, which meant I had to get up extra early in order to meet up with Ginny. She always got up early and it'd take her hours to wait for me.

I got up and picked out my mom jeans, a red sweater and my white shoes that I brought with me.

I never dressed up in my days off in Hogwarts, since I just walked around in my pajamas all day around the dorm.

"Are you ready to go out to Hogsmeade, Y/n?" Ginny asked. She was dressed in some blue jeans and a red shirt with white shoes. I raised a brow.

"Yup. I'm ready." I adjusted my shirt collar. Something suddenly popped up into my head.

Mother told me to visit her every weekend. I had to go visit her or else she'd probably send me another howler, knowing her.

"Do you mind if we stop by my mother's bakery before we do anything else?" I asked, fixing my hair. Ginny narrowed her eyes.

"She's still making you go visit her?" She sighed before continuing. "Alright. I guess we could get something while we're there."

I gave her a smile, taking my coin purse and stuffing it into my pocket.