8.

Nate's POV

It was about nine thirty in the morning, but it felt so much earlier. Emma and I walked over to the couch that was next to Sam's bed since we noticed he was the only one awake besides us.

"How's it feel man?" I asked, wrapping my arm around Emma as we sat down.

"Pretty good. I can't remember the last time I felt the way she makes me feel."

"I can tell she's happier than ever. After all she's been through, she deserves you. Her ex-boyfriend... she won't talk about him but I guess you deserve to know sooner or later. He cheated on her so many times that she felt it was a new normal. I can't tell you how many times she came over just to break down in tears. She's been scared to like a guy since their last fight when they broke up. He completely broke her apart to say the least," Emma was looking at the floor, tears forming in her eyes.

"I won't hurt her, I promise you. I look at her and see everything I've needed, even though I never knew what I've needed in a girl. I've never felt so much towards a girl. I know you probably know my past with girls.... A hook up then we don't speak and things are awkward. I don't want to have sex with Claire. Not now, at least. I just want to take her out and see her smile," Sam couldn't seem to stop smiling

I was looking Sam right in the eye, smiling, "I've never seen you happier than these last twenty four hours, man."

"I've never felt better."

"Emma and I were thinking of getting lunch soon. You wanna go or wait for her?"

"I'll wait for her. You guys deserve a day to yourselves. We only have until tonight with them... Fuck."

I won't believe that I only have 12 more hours with the girl of my dreams.