Please Don't Leave 😭 (Demus💛💚)

Demus💛💚

😭Angst with a happy ending💗

⚠️Tw:⚠️
•Crying
•Swearing
•Sex joke

(Words: 1329)

---

Thomas was alone in his house playing video games. He'd began listening to Janus's advice and stared to take some time off for himself.

In the mindscape, things were going perfectly. Janus had been invited to hang out with the Light Sides for a bit. Virgil and Roman were skeptical at first but after a while they began to warm up to the snake side. Deceit and Roman had shared their apologizes and everyone actually had a good time together.

It went so well that they sides had given that Dark Side an offer. They said the offer would benefit Thomas's mental health. What was the offer? To join them and live in the Light Sides side of the Mindscape. He had said he'd think about it.

Now he was stood in his room after sinking out. He couldn't explain what or why but he just had a bad feeling about something. But what would he feel bad about? He had been offered the opportunity of a lifetime. If he became a Light Side he'd be heard and listened too. They'd think he was important.

Still, the feeling wouldn't go away. Maybe he's just hungry? Janus walked towards his bedroom door and opened it. As he left and started to make his way towards the kitchen he noticed something. A certain Duke on the sofa facing away from him slightly shaking. Was he okay?

"Remus?" Janus cautiously asked.

Remus snapped his head towards him. His eyes were red and puffy while tear tracks ran down his cheeks. The tablet that allowed him to see through Thomas's eyes was thrown to the floor.

"Remus what's the matter?" He reapeated as he started to walk towards him.

"Dee just stop." Remus turned back around and curled up into a ball with his chin on his knees, "I don't need your pity"

Janus stood next to creativity with a look if concern on his face, "What are you talking about? Why would I pity you?"

"Because you're gonna leave me," Janus's blood ran cold as the words strung together by a shaky voice entered his ears, "I heard what the others said to you. It's fine. I've been left behind before. Two times to be exact. I can take it."

Deceit sat down on the sofa next to Remus and turned to him. He wanted to be heard but he didn't want to leave his best friend behind. His words in in the video echoed in his head.

He scooted towards the saddened side, "Remus, I promise I'd never leave you."

"That's what they said" Remus whimpered into his hand.

The Decieving side opened up his arms and the other hesitantly leaned into them. Closing his arms, he pulled the other dark side closer and placed his chin ontop of his fluffy hair. The real question... How do you get fluffy hair if you don't shower?

No. Now's not the time for that question. Janus jumped out of his skin when a sob came from the side in his arms. He tightened his grip and began to rub the dukes shoulders.

"Yo-you can't leav-ve me. You ca-can't!" Remus cried into his purple button up shirt.

"Ssssh it's okay, I'm not going to" Janus reassured.

They sat there for a long time cuddling on the sofa. It took while to calm the waterfalls that had escaped the prince of the dark sides and now it was just reduced to little sniffles.

"You... You promise?" Remus looked up at Janus.

"I promise..."

---

"Oh kiddo!" Patton exclaimed happily as Janus appear in the real worlds living room, "Have you made up your mind yet?"

All of the sides were in there usual spaces with Janus being stood next to Patton. They all looked at him expectingly. He sighed and crossed his arms.

"Yes I have made my decision" He nodded but hesitated with his next few words, "I accept your offer"

Before the others could cheer and give him their words of praise he stopped them, "On the one condition... Remus comes too"

Deceit could tell they were against it by the looks on their faces. Patton's and Virgil's held ones held slight fear. Roman's held discust. Logan's had a face of conflicted understanding and Thomas. He just looked confused. As always.

"I'm not exactly sure that would be the bes-" Patton began.

Janus intrupted him, "It's either both of us or none of us. He's been left behind before." The snake side side eyed Roman and Virgil who looked down guilty, "I don't plan to make it a third"

The sides looked towards Thomas since he had the final confirmation, "Okay he can come" he said.

Deceit had to hide his surprise. He didn't actually think that would work. The sides nodded at eachother in a silent agreement before Thomas pointed his arm towards the spot next to Roman and raised it summoning the duke.

Remus popped up confused for a few seconds before his usual energy came back, "Woah! That felt like being fingered by a dolphin!" He laughed.

Logan raised his eyebrow at the twin, "How would you know what that feels like?"

The duke rolled his eyes "It's called an expressio- Oh hi Dee!"

Janus lightly waved slight worried. He wasn't exactly sure how Remus would react to this new information. Would he want to join the light sides or not?

Remus tilted his head at the snake boi before turning back to the others, "So what do you need my expertise for?"

"Janus has decided to join us" Logan explained.

Oh god that was bad. Not what Logan said. But the dukes reaction. The other sides had at the least expected a bit of a verbal fight before they had a chance to finish explaining. But that's not what happened.

It was like a glass ball shattering. The first crack was just a pair of widen eyes. Then the shattering, Remus's whole persona disappeared to reveal a broke hearted boy underneath. His shoulders had fell and his body began to shake as turned to deceiving side.

His voice cracked as he spoke quietly, "but you promised"

My god, you've never in your life seen someone's heart shatter so fast. That someone's heart were the other six people in the room. Before their eyes was a scene they could of never believed would ever happen before right now.

The scaled side sighed and gave the duke a soft smile, "On the condition that you can come as well"

Remus looked at Deceit slightly skeptical before turning back to the others, "This... This isn't just some kind of prank is it?"

Roman placed his hand on his brother's shoulder comfertingly "Do you really think we'd do that?"

The darker twin stared at the floor for a moment in thought before perking back up. He suddenly shrieked making everyone jump then launched himself towards Janus and wrapped his arms around the side in a bone crushing hug. Janus screeched in surprise as his back hit the wall. The duke squealed words of joy as the scaled side awkwardly patted him on the back.

The other sides looked to eachother in absolute shock that this was happening. They really aren't good at knowing who the villains are, are they?

Deceit lightly pushed the giggling side away and playfully rolled his eyes, "Well I believe we should get ready to move our rooms"

"Oh of course" Patton recovered his composer, "Do you need help with that?"

"Well be fine on our own" Janus nodded.

The two dark sides then sunk down leaving the remaining sides to question what just happened. The five of them looked to eachother before silently agreeing.

"So it's agreed?" Logan asked.

Virgil pointed to where Remus once stood, "We're gonna make sure with everything in our power that never happens again"