today 😔

y/n's pov
—————————👁👅👁————

my birthday is in 4 days and i don't wanna celebrate it here at the academy with other people that aren't my family. except quinn, ryder, or lexi (they're okay). catherine told us that we should try to join some clubs. ryder is trying out for the baseball club and lexi-jade is trying out for the volleyball club. i felt dumb for just sitting on the bench while watching everyone else so stuff. i was kinda thinking of joining the cereal club. but then i realized that having cereal everyday for breakfast was boring. i want my pancakes and scrambled eggs too. i looked over at quinn who joined this music club. she was playing the guitar (i think) with some other dudes. she looked over at me and smiled. i smiled back and looked over at ryder, who was trying to hit balls with bats or whatever. then i looked over to lexi-jade. she's beautiful. wow. she was smacking balls into the air and squating a lot. i sighed and got up. suddenly, i felt dizzy and sick. my breath got heavier and i started to look around. i felt like the whole world was spinning. that's all i remember before i blacked out completely.

*5 minutes later*

"holy fuck, y/n are you good?" i heard someone say. it sounded like quinn.

i opened my eyes to see her holding me while there was a crowd of people surrounding me.

"i'm fine, i think" my voice was all raspy.

"woah, you just like, fainted" ryder said he helped me up.

i looked at everyone else who was surrounding me and gave them a confused expression. quinn cleared her throat and everyone left.

"what happened? why did you faint? low iron maybe?" quinn asks as she dusts me off and looks me in the eyes.

i shrugged and looked over to where lexi was but she wasn't there anymore.

"where's lexi?" i looked around again.

right on cue she came to us holding a bottle of water.

"for you" she simply smiled and handed me the bottle.

"thanks" i thanked her and sighed.

"okay but like, what happened? no one just BLACKS OUT like that" quinn questioned.

"well idk, i felt like anxious and dumb for not being able to pick a club and when i got up, i felt like really sick and just passed out i guess." i explained.

they all nodded and walked me over to our dorm.

"this COULD BE like a power awakening" lexi said as she opened my dorm room door.

"what do you mean" i wiped the hair out of my face as i looked over at lexi.

"well, everyone has an awaking- or whatever it's called- right guys?" she stared at quinn and ryder.

"yeah," quinn nodded. "but no one ever passes out" she does this face, kinda like a disgusted face mixed with a confused face.

"i almost did, when i ran super fast for the first time... wanna know something funny? i have asthma." ryder smiled at us.

we all looked at him like we had millions of questions because we probably did.

"wow, that's so sad, man" quinn nodded at him.

he sighed and shrugged.